Windows 10: file sharing & VPN

Discus and support file sharing & VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i mademade a simple (virtual) network with hyper-v. i made 3 new virtual machines, 2 with windows server 2016 and 1 with windows 10. all of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SinanFantie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. file sharing & VPN

so i mademade a simple (virtual) network with hyper-v. i made 3 new virtual machines, 2 with windows server 2016 and 1 with windows 10. all of this can be seen in the pictured i have add. the first machine we configured was one of the server 2016 machines and we made it our router. the second machine is our DHCP server and the windows 10 machine is just a normal client pc.

(all the setting im going to talk about from here on out are are things i think i did the right way)

i have all the correct firewall settings and ip addresses on all 4 machines (including my main host pc) to be able to ping and shares files with each other and i have the rights users settings. all machines can ping each other. my host machine can reach the files on my v-windows 10 but my v-windows 10 cant access my host machine. this is one of my problems.

the second problem: i made a VPN in my windows server 2016 RRAS machine with routing and remote access. the ip address scope of the vpn is 192.168.31.2 to 192.168.31.254. when i try to connect to the vpn with my host machine to connect to the 192.168.30.0 network it does not work. can anybody help me with these 2 problems. here is a link on the first forum where i asked for help and there some things that are already discussed: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1044021-dhcp-vpn/?tab=comments#comment-12392305

:)

SinanFantie, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 14, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin file sharing & VPN :D

P4-630, Mar 14, 2019
  4. ryley2637 Win User

file sharing & VPN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares. It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this. I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks. When I disable the firewall on public networks (the VPN adapter) I can ping, but once I enable that it stops pinging. I've tried everything listed below but still can't get it to work:

• Checked port 1723 is open
    • Allowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule, through it
    • Checked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and 3G with a phone
    • Restarted PC; other devices and router
    • I can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN (which is the one I need)
    • and so many other steps.
    • Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center

Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add? Any help or tips would be appreciated!

ryley2637, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

file sharing & VPN

1. file sharing & VPN - Similar Threads - file sharing VPN

2. Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable: Hi!I'd like to make a hotspot to share my VPN-enabled internet to another computer via an Ethernet cable. I'm using Windows 10 on both devices. I can't seem to get this to work, though I've been told it's very possible!The host computer can share the internet just fine using...
  3. folder sharing through vpn

folder sharing through vpn: I'm always connecting to a specific VPN. Will the folders I have shared be shared automatically with other users connected to that VPN?I'm worried about personal folders that I have already shared to access them with my other devices through Wi-Fi....
  4. VPN connects but can't access shared folders

VPN connects but can't access shared folders: About a month ago I came into work and one of our engineers said he wasn't able to access the shared folders from home using his VPN anymore. I logged onto the VPN and everything worked as it should, but then 1 week later I wasn't able to access the shared folders. Now my...
  5. VPN Sharing

VPN Sharing: I have setup VPN Sharing on a Win 10 machine by sharing the main Internet connection with a 2nd Network Card, the connection is working but the speed through the 2nd card is only around 1/4 of the main connection, anyone have any suggestions, I am through Private Internet...
  6. Printing to a shared printer over VPN.

Printing to a shared printer over VPN.: At local site host site Win10 PC with IP 192.168.1.20 and the router configured for remote PPTP VPN. At remote site, Win7 PC with a shared printer attached called HPshare. After establishing the VPN connection and based on my router config the Win7 PC at the remote sites...
  7. VPN Shared key

VPN Shared key: I'm trying to set up my computer so my wife can dial in to work like so many are force to do. I setup the built in VPN client for Win 10 and we can't connect, their IT guy isn't much help but I think it has something to do with the shared key option. They have a key that...
  8. Connecting to VPN File Shares and Printer Shares not Acceptable

Connecting to VPN File Shares and Printer Shares not Acceptable: We have a 3rd party APP that requires a VPN connection to the software vendors Azure VPN with Windows built-in VPN. Once connected I can still ping the domain and domain controllers by name but I'm unable to update the GPO or access printers or file shares. I have checked the...
  9. Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN: I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall...
  10. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share files with a friend with windows vpn

2. vpn windows file sharing