Windows 10: File Sharing Windows 10 Home

Discus and support File Sharing Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 windows 10 Home PC connected via an Ethernet switch. Comp A can see ComB and read and write files to a public folder but not any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bedwelljp, Sep 20, 2018.

1. bedwelljp Win User

File Sharing Windows 10 Home

I have 2 windows 10 Home PC connected via an Ethernet switch. Comp A can see ComB and read and write files to a public folder but not any other locations. ComB can see Comp A but can access any files.
    The message Windows cannot access \\Compx keeps popping up when you try to access file.

Now I have been through all the settings I can think possibl;e and read articles and watched Youtube. But nothing works.

I just want to share all my files and drives between these 2 computers.

Any Ideas?

:)

bedwelljp, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2018
  3. sml156 Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

File Sharing Windows 10 Home [​IMG]

sml156, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. File Sharing Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - File Sharing Home

2. Home network file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  3. Home Network File Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Network File Sharing: Good day everyone,I have a small 2 computer home P2P network defined. Hardware is 1 Dell XPS 8700, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Wi-Fi & Ethernet, running Win10 Pro V 21H1. 2nd Computer is a Dell Inspiron-15-3567, 16GB, 256GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Wi-Fi & Ethernet, running Win 10...
  4. File Sharing on Windows 10 Home

File Sharing on Windows 10 Home: Hi, I already have PC with Windows 10 Home and i plan to buy another PC with Windows 10 Home. Both PC will be connected using LAN cable. Can I share file between the this both PC ? If Yes, how do it ? Thanks in advace. Yusufdeen...
  5. Sharing files over home network Windows 10

Sharing files over home network Windows 10: I have always been able to share over home network, one Windows 10 PC let's call it Bill and one Windows 8 Ben. Since replacing Windows 8 PC with new W10 I'll still call it Ben I am unable to access Ben from Bill, but fine the other way round. All permissions are set...
  6. Sharing Files - Home Network - Window 10

Sharing Files - Home Network - Window 10: I have a a TP-Link router that I have a hard drive (HHD) connected. Within my home network, my Smart TVs, Android Tablets, and Windows 8 Laptops can see the HHD no problem. My Windows 10 machine is not able to see it. The Win 10 machine file explorer: - Under Computer it...
  7. Windows 10 home network / file sharing

Windows 10 home network / file sharing: This is an extension of a thread of the same name in Feb 2019. I've been away for the last 2 weeks and now find I cannot reply on the earlier thread. So I'll start again with an expanded version of the problem. I have 3 Windows 10 computers connected over a wifi...
  8. Sharing files on home network

Sharing files on home network: I have 3 computers on my home wireless network all running windows 10. I have done the steps to give access to Everyone but I cannot see the other computers on the network at all - or the folders I have shared. What am I missing?...
  9. Sharing files in home network

Sharing files in home network: The two computers in my home network run on Windows 10. Computer 1 has a printer attached to it. Since upgrade 1803 I cannot share files nor can I use the printer from computer 2. I have followed the instructions to install the home network that I have found on the internet...
  10. Home Network File Sharing

Home Network File Sharing: Hello, I have recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows 10 on my desktop and laptop. I know that there is no longer a "homegroup" setting for file sharing. I have set up network discovery and I can access my files on my desktop from my laptop - which is what I want....