Windows 10: File size and transfer issues in windows 10

Discus and support File size and transfer issues in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My C drive had 50 GB of free space and I was downloading 38 GB of data (multiple files ranging in size). Around 11 Gb of the data was left to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarshVasoya, Jun 12, 2019.

1. File size and transfer issues in windows 10

My C drive had 50 GB of free space and I was downloading 38 GB of data (multiple files ranging in size). Around 11 Gb of the data was left to download when I got the error that my drive was full. I had not created or downloaded anything else in that drive. I then transferred 16 GB of data from my C: drive to my D: drive (which had 30 GB of free space), but I got an error when around 1 GB of the data was remaining, that the drive is full and no longer has space. I show that the drive was full and on cleaning up, I saw that no files were there to clean up. I cannot defragment the local drives as I have SSD. I optimised the drive, but still no change. I don't know what the problem is but this keeps happening a lot of times. Especially after the windows update (1803 and 1903). I want to know what the problem is. I am using Bitdefender and run virus scans regularly. Please help me find a solution.

:)

HarshVasoya, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jun 12, 2019
  4. LonGun Win User

File size and transfer issues in windows 10

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

File size and transfer issues in windows 10

1. File size and transfer issues in windows 10 - Similar Threads - File size transfer

2. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  3. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  4. File transfer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  5. File transfer issue

File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  6. File Transfer Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Issues: im trying to do a deep clean of my external hard drives SSD's so im moving things over to my computers Drive and formating the drives, however, the computers drive is super slow when transfering files and keeps giving off an error 0x8007045d But its not due to the external...
  7. File Transfer Issues

File Transfer Issues: im trying to do a deep clean of my external hard drives SSD's so im moving things over to my computers Drive and formating the drives, however, the computers drive is super slow when transfering files and keeps giving off an error 0x8007045d But its not due to the external...
  8. File Transfer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. File Transfer Issues - Increased file size when transferring from Android to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Issues - Increased file size when transferring from Android to PC Windows 10: Files transferred from phone to laptop have drastically increased in size and are now unable to open. File sizes for images have increased up to 7GB. I am unable to move from the C: Drive as it states there is over 4TB of data. However My C: Drive only holds 256GB. No special...
  10. File Transfer Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Issue: Hello, I was transferring files from my USB flash drive to my Documents folder, but there was a problem with the USB and it stopped working while transferring my files. Could my files be corrupted? And could this affect my computer? Please let me know. Any help will be...