Windows 10: File size discrepancy

Discus and support File size discrepancy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm having an issue with downloading a file. The file is 1.3 GB while this PC has 2.36 GB remaining, yet still uses up all disk space when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by REDNIGHTMARE22, Aug 30, 2019.

1. File size discrepancy

Hey all, I'm having an issue with downloading a file. The file is 1.3 GB while this PC has 2.36 GB remaining, yet still uses up all disk space when attempting to download. (P.S. downloading .zip files to a USB appears to corrupt them)

:)

REDNIGHTMARE22, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 30, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 30, 2019
  4. File size discrepancy

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

File size discrepancy

1. File size discrepancy - Similar Threads - File size discrepancy

2. Registry discrepancies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry discrepancies: I could not find a more appropriate category for this question.What to make of the fact that a SEARCH in RegScanner can reveal results that do not appear in Regedit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-discrepancies/7edf7060-056e-495a-a19d-51f5c433e241
  3. Massive Discrepancy in Number of Files Scanned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Massive Discrepancy in Number of Files Scanned: Hello everybody, I hope someone can help me. I just did a full reset, and it took longer than I'd expected. In fact, even though it was up to almost 600,000 total files just before the scan ended, the final results claimed that only roughly 300,000 were scanned no problems...
  4. Document folder name Discrepancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document folder name Discrepancy: When setting up onedrive on my new computer, It started syncing and downloading all the files in our onedrive cloud, including those from other directories that we created using our web browser. I eventually stopped the sync and disabled/deleted onedrive, but now when I try...
  5. Major discrepancy in disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major discrepancy in disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IG_CrimsonTwilight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m75oe4/major_discrepancy_in_disk_space/
  6. LTSC iso discrepancy

LTSC iso discrepancy: I downloaded a copy of Windows 10 LTSC evaluation 64bit English from the legit portal here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise File name: 17763.107.101029-1455.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso...
  7. recorded audio file - security details discrepancy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recorded audio file - security details discrepancy: [ATTACH] Hi, I just recorded and an audio segment from an audio book im listening to on my phone, i used an aux cable from my phone speakers to a mic jack on my pc, adjusted some of the device settings so i could hear it while recording with the microsoft voice recorder....
  8. Apps and features storage discrepancy

Apps and features storage discrepancy: When I look at my storage space in settings, it says apps and features take up 64.5 gb. However, when I go into the control panel and look at the list of installed programs and features there, it says they only total to 1.45 gb. Anyone know what's causing this discrepancy?...
  9. Discrepancy in Windows Update History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discrepancy in Windows Update History: Hello Microsoft, Recently, I checked the windows update in my Windows 10 ver. 1809 PC and there was a discrepancy observed in Windows Update History as compared to "wmic qfe" quick fix engineering command. [ATTACH] As you can see certain updates are not visible in...
  10. File size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File size: I've made the full system image backup under WINDOWS 10, but unfortunately I can't able to check the file size. The property of file showing 0 kb. If there is any specific way to check the size of file please let me know that. Thanks, Idrees Ali...