Windows 10: File size not matching

Discus and support File size not matching in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was looking to free up some space on my new laptop and I've found that the weight that is displayed on one of the folders is really wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlosMB95, May 6, 2019.

1. File size not matching

Hello, I was looking to free up some space on my new laptop and I've found that the weight that is displayed on one of the folders is really wrong.

It says that the folder has 960+GB of info but when I go inside that folder and check folder by folder i have around 5gb only.

Also, my max capacity on the drive is 1TB and it still says I have 850+GB free, so something is really off in here and I would like to know how to solve it.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

File size not matching 302c741a-9d15-4797-916c-3c1a06a26b78?upload=true.png File size not matching 53176e7b-6d56-484c-9633-b26ad540d6c4?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

CarlosMB95, May 6, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 6, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 6, 2019
  4. Compumind Win User

File size not matching

Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?

Hi -

I'm trying to add some icons to the taskbar, but as you can see with the purple arrow, the sizes are different.
    I tried making the icon size larger, but to no effect.

File size not matching [​IMG]

I want them all to be the same size.

Suggestions welcome!

TIA *cry

Compumind, May 6, 2019
Thema:

File size not matching

1. File size not matching - Similar Threads - File size matching

2. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  3. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  4. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  5. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  6. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My display size does not match my screen size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display size does not match my screen size.: Hello, I am using to different size monitors for my computer. Display 1 is an older 22 inch Sceptre monitor with a 1920 x 1080 resolution that I use as a side monitor for Discord and Facebook. Display 2 is a much newer 28 inch Asus monitor with a 3840 x 2160 resolution....
  8. Windows 10 - Backup File size does not match original file size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Backup File size does not match original file size: Windows 10 - Automatic backup Folder sizes on the back-up drive are significantly smaller than the folders that they are "copying/backing up" is this normal or does this mean that the software is not fully backing up the files? Thank you...
  9. Partition size and total disk space don't match

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition size and total disk space don't match: Even though the partition size for Disk 0 is 953.87 GB, the total capacity shows up as 793 GB in the list of properties. There isn't any unallocated space, and Drive E Disk 1's second partition has a capacity equal to the partition's size. How would I make the shown capacity...
  10. Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?: Hi - I'm trying to add some icons to the taskbar, but as you can see with the purple arrow, the sizes are different. I tried making the icon size larger, but to no effect. [img] I want them all to be the same size. Suggestions welcome! TIA *cry 113805