Windows 10: File sizes not showing in settings storage.

Discus and support File sizes not showing in settings storage. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkillfullCanine7, Feb 4, 2019.

1. File sizes not showing in settings storage.

I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next to them. Most of these are from games on Steam and they used to show how much space they took up. Is this a serious issue or is it just some glitch? I have restarted my computer, reinstalled the games and it doesn't happen with all Steam games. Any help would be appreciated. File sizes not showing in settings storage. 60193988-d0fb-43fe-9a10-9e8a881731ea?upload=true.png

I included a screenshot of what I see when I check my storage under settings.

:)

SkillfullCanine7, Feb 4, 2019
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Looks like you are on version 1803. I have just checked on an 1803 system and can confirm that the contents of your Downloads folder are included in the total size of 'Temporary files' even though they do not appear in the list of locations you can clear. So it looks like your 'missing' 3.7xGB will be found in your Downloads folder.

Starting with version 1809, the populated list when you left click on Temporary files now includes your Downloads folder.

File sizes not showing in settings storage. [​IMG]

Bree, Feb 4, 2019
  4. srini_08 Win User

File sizes not showing in settings storage.

Storage size contradiction

Hi ,

when i checked for storage using
    Phone storage and storage check from setting in my lumia 520, they show other section with different size.
    Phone storage shows- 1.5gb
    storage check shows- 504mb
    how they contradict?..and why?..

Regards,
    Sri.

srini_08, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

File sizes not showing in settings storage.

1. File sizes not showing in settings storage. - Similar Threads - File sizes showing

2. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  3. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  4. Storage Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Size: My storage space only has a total of 120 GB. Does my computer just have low storage or is something going on? Even a Windows 7 Computer has 900 GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-size/5d0edb6e-646d-4dd8-9867-440eb864238e
  5. Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information

Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information: Mine C drive where windows is pre-installed by OEM i.e. 256 GB SSD is shown 475 GB in the settings!!! How to correct this???--Few Imgs to describe the issue better Check the C Drive:THANK YOU...
  6. Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information: Mine C drive where windows is pre-installed by OEM i.e. 256 GB SSD is shown 475 GB in the settings!!! How to correct this???--Few Imgs to describe the issue better Check the C Drive:THANK YOU...
  7. Storage Drive shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Drive shows wrong size: Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have a storage drive consiting of 2 x 4 tb drives in a spanned array.Should show 7.2 tb but only shows 3.64 tb. any way to fix this please 180414
  8. Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size: Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD. Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but...
  9. Storage settings not showing all files

Storage settings not showing all files: The storage settings show I have 15 GB in temporary files, [ATTACH] however when I click on this it doesn't show what is taking up all that space [ATTACH] The same goes for apps, it says I have 50 GB of apps but the only big apps I have are Photoshop and a few other Adobe...
  10. Why does storage shows incorrect file size?

Why does storage shows incorrect file size?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] So I installed adobe flash from some shady website, but after I install it, I immediately uninstall it cause it wasn't working at all. But after I uninstall it, there is this huge file added that I don't know of and it took 18GB of my storage, it was 148GB...