Windows 10: File sizes not showing in settings storage.

Discus and support File sizes not showing in settings storage. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkillfullCanine7, Feb 4, 2019.

1. File sizes not showing in settings storage.

I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next to them. Most of these are from games on Steam and they used to show how much space they took up. Is this a serious issue or is it just some glitch? I have restarted my computer, reinstalled the games and it doesn't happen with all Steam games. Any help would be appreciated. File sizes not showing in settings storage. 60193988-d0fb-43fe-9a10-9e8a881731ea?upload=true.png

I included a screenshot of what I see when I check my storage under settings.

:)

SkillfullCanine7, Feb 4, 2019
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Looks like you are on version 1803. I have just checked on an 1803 system and can confirm that the contents of your Downloads folder are included in the total size of 'Temporary files' even though they do not appear in the list of locations you can clear. So it looks like your 'missing' 3.7xGB will be found in your Downloads folder.

Starting with version 1809, the populated list when you left click on Temporary files now includes your Downloads folder.

File sizes not showing in settings storage. [​IMG]

Bree, Feb 4, 2019
  4. srini_08 Win User

File sizes not showing in settings storage.

Storage size contradiction

Hi ,

when i checked for storage using
    Phone storage and storage check from setting in my lumia 520, they show other section with different size.
    Phone storage shows- 1.5gb
    storage check shows- 504mb
    how they contradict?..and why?..

Regards,
    Sri.

srini_08, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

File sizes not showing in settings storage.

1. File sizes not showing in settings storage. - Similar Threads - File sizes showing

2. Storage partition sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage partition sizes: Available data: Partition C: Recovery 14.6 GB used 63.7 MB free. Partition E: OS 71.3 GB used 146 GB Free Problem. I can't add any new apps presumably because of the full C: I recently had a problem being unable to boot up the new Windows 10 with its latest updates. This...
  3. Windows 10 showing the wrong file size

Windows 10 showing the wrong file size: I have a problem by some files same as something that explain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-the-wrong-file-size-in-version/8e4b1d9c-53a6-4767-b97f-70a9d4a0a4cf?auth=1 I've tried some ways as: TLPD, TreeSize and etc is there any...
  4. File size larger than physical drive storage

File size larger than physical drive storage: Can some one please explain this to me. I need to access the photos but windows keeps telling me i don't have enough space. I only have 80Gb drive but the photo folder i am trying to open is showing 8Tb. Can anyone help me fix this without losing the photos. Each...
  5. Show file & folder sizes on HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show file & folder sizes on HDD: I have used the app simply called SCANNER by Steffen Gerlach ver2.10 free of cost. If it is given the enormous time it needs to scan a HDD it very nicely displays the distribution of Files / Folders all round the disk. As below: If too many apps are running, eg., FireFox x3,...
  6. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  7. External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?

External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?: So I recently moved all the data from an external hard drive to my laptop so I could install windows on it and fix my (other) laptop. It worked, I fixed it all is fine except one thing. I can't move everything back to that hard drive. I cleared everything on it from the...
  8. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  9. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  10. Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.: I have been reading many post about this and I also chatted with Microsoft techs. They had to manually go in and clear folders to clear space. Many times I was reading that it was due to corrupt files but I just did a fresh install and there are no corrupt files. Microsoft...