Windows 10: File sorting with decimals or dots.

Discus and support File sorting with decimals or dots. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Just realised this is a thing and it's hard to search for a proper solution. Just curious why it'd be like this in the first place. I got files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anthraxious, Aug 1, 2020.

1. File sorting with decimals or dots.

Hi,

Just realised this is a thing and it's hard to search for a proper solution. Just curious why it'd be like this in the first place.

I got files named "Episode 1, Episode 2, etc" in a folder. Now the sorting is good, no problem. No need to write "01" for it to get in the right order. The problem is that some episodes are labeled as ".5" so for example, I got it in this order:

• Episode 3
    • Episode 4.5
    • Episode 4
    • Episode 5

Even further down the line, the ".5" file names come AHEAD of their main numbered ones. That is wrong obviously as 4.5 comes after 4 in any sensible sorting, but I'm curious why and how to fix it.

Again I had trouble finding a solution cause most of them are of the "Windows XP/Vista/10 sorting 1, 10, 2, 20" type, which isn't my issue.

If this has been answered, I would hope you could direct me, or at least tell me what to search for (not that reddit search is any good >_>).

submitted by /u/Anthraxious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anthraxious, Aug 1, 2020
  2. mnhgolf Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903

Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could be causing this? Thanks.

File sorting with decimals or dots. [​IMG]

mnhgolf, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, Aug 1, 2020
  4. File sorting with decimals or dots.

Error ox80070057: the parameter is incorrect while transferring the files to phone

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we will try our best to help you.

• What is the make and model of the phone and computer?

• Can you transfer files from other devices to computer?

I would Suggest you the following steps if you are unable to transfer files from any external devices.

Method 1:
    This problem can occur if the decimal symbol is not set to '.' (Dot). This is common in languages and locales other than English (United States).
    a. Press Windows key + X and select Region.
    b. Click the Formats tab, and then click Additional settings.
    c. In the Decimal symbol field, type. (Dot), and then click OK two times.
    d. Restart the computer.

Method 2:

If the issue happens with all external devices then I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB port driver and check.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

File sorting with decimals or dots.

1. File sorting with decimals or dots. - Similar Threads - File sorting decimals

2. Binary to decimal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Binary to decimal: Is there a method to make windows calculate storage in the decimal way instead of binary? submitted by /u/Sh4dowSaint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm934g/binary_to_decimal/
  3. File Explorer Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sorting: I have one folder in File Explorer that sorts by 0 -9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z. All other folders sort by folders are on the top, files on the bottom, sorted by alpha. How do I change so it's sorted by folders, files in alpha? Thanks....
  4. Sorting with File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting with File Explorer.: Just been doing a job for a client and got frustrated. Been downloading many files and folders and wanted to sort by date order. FE sorts files by date and folders by date but sorts them separately so I had to keep scrolling up and down. I want it like below:- Name Date...
  5. Decimal key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Decimal key not working: Hi, The decimal key on my keyboard stops working 10 seconds after logging in... The one on the NumPad does work though. I've tried the following: - Stop all startup programs - Delete all activity other than the neccisary windows programs - Tried the on-screen keyboard,...
  6. Sorting slide file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting slide file: I am trying to sort slides alphabetically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-slide-file/fcf16ddc-1e68-4ff6-b6b8-fc5c86eb1f0c"
  7. sorting jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sorting jpg files: I would like to sort a file by extension copy.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-jpg-files/e814de97-47b8-42f3-b96d-d31921efc5d1
  8. Sorting a pdf file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting a pdf file.: When I send my cricket scorecards to the website I send it as a pdf file, however as it is too long for one page, is there a way to disable the page break to make it show as one please ? Many thanks.
  9. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885