Windows 10: File sorting with decimals or dots.

Discus and support File sorting with decimals or dots. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Just realised this is a thing and it's hard to search for a proper solution. Just curious why it'd be like this in the first place. I got files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anthraxious, Aug 1, 2020.

1. File sorting with decimals or dots.

Hi,

Just realised this is a thing and it's hard to search for a proper solution. Just curious why it'd be like this in the first place.

I got files named "Episode 1, Episode 2, etc" in a folder. Now the sorting is good, no problem. No need to write "01" for it to get in the right order. The problem is that some episodes are labeled as ".5" so for example, I got it in this order:

• Episode 3
    • Episode 4.5
    • Episode 4
    • Episode 5

Even further down the line, the ".5" file names come AHEAD of their main numbered ones. That is wrong obviously as 4.5 comes after 4 in any sensible sorting, but I'm curious why and how to fix it.

Again I had trouble finding a solution cause most of them are of the "Windows XP/Vista/10 sorting 1, 10, 2, 20" type, which isn't my issue.

If this has been answered, I would hope you could direct me, or at least tell me what to search for (not that reddit search is any good >_>).

submitted by /u/Anthraxious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anthraxious, Aug 1, 2020
  2. mnhgolf Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903

Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could be causing this? Thanks.

File sorting with decimals or dots. [​IMG]

mnhgolf, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, Aug 1, 2020
  4. File sorting with decimals or dots.

Error ox80070057: the parameter is incorrect while transferring the files to phone

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we will try our best to help you.

• What is the make and model of the phone and computer?

• Can you transfer files from other devices to computer?

I would Suggest you the following steps if you are unable to transfer files from any external devices.

Method 1:
    This problem can occur if the decimal symbol is not set to '.' (Dot). This is common in languages and locales other than English (United States).
    a. Press Windows key + X and select Region.
    b. Click the Formats tab, and then click Additional settings.
    c. In the Decimal symbol field, type. (Dot), and then click OK two times.
    d. Restart the computer.

Method 2:

If the issue happens with all external devices then I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB port driver and check.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

File sorting with decimals or dots.

1. File sorting with decimals or dots. - Similar Threads - File sorting decimals

2. File Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sorting: Can some explain to me why two folders, both created just using CTRL+SHIFT+N sort the files differently *EDIT- some folders have been created using the 'New Folder' option when sharing a copy of files from Adobe Scan to Google Drive on an Android Phone*? I want the files to...
  3. File Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sorting: Can some explain to me why to folders, both created just using CTRL+SHIFT+N sort the files differently? I want the files to be sorted by name, disregarding the file type. How can I do this?...
  4. File sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  5. File sorting

File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  6. File sorting

in Cortana
  7. Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...: Recently we have upgraded Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016 and we are facing one issue when we changed Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2106 _the comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol was configured to use is the comma , character in Windows...
  8. Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...

Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...: Recently we have upgraded Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016 and we are facing one issue when we changed Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2106 _the comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol was configured to use is the comma , character in Windows...
  9. File sorting

File sorting: Re the sorting of files. I am not given the option of choosing A to Z, just the normal Name, Date modified, Type etc. So how do I get out of the sorting A to I, H to P and Q to Z? - for those who did not see my original question....
  10. Not sorting files

Not sorting files: My wife wants to arrange pictures in a file in windows 10 but not with any criteria laid out in any of the items in the "sort by" list how can we do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-sorting-files/f38b6235-dc66-4962-904a-ab575a956f04