Windows 10: File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

Discus and support File status icons not updating - problem with cached files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have a problem whereby the status icons for folders in File Explorer are not updating to reflect their actual status. e.g., instead of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PRC., Jan 14, 2022.

1. PRC. Win User

File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

Hello,I have a problem whereby the status icons for folders in File Explorer are not updating to reflect their actual status. e.g., instead of the blue-arrow-circle they should be the solid-green-checkmark. So there seems to be a disconnect between my local OneDrive files and what's considered synced online.Here's what I've tried:1. unlinking my PC from OneDrive and then reconnecting. No change.2. performing a reset: C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset but that did nothing.3. finding temp files within the folders, but I only found two, and deleting them hasn't fixed the

:)

2. Icon Caching Problem

Folks,

I'm having an icon caching problem that I've not been able to solve. What precipitated this event was that I was trying to get Adobe Connect to work. From what I could tell Shockwave was having an argument with Windows 10. I've tried everything suggested on this board and others for fixing icon caching with no results. Short of reinstalling Windows, I'm out of ideas. I've tried:

1) System Restore
    2) Last good backup (the external hard drive that I was using for backups turned out to be corrupt and toast)
    3) Manually and using .bat files deleting and rebuilding icon cache files
    4) Increasing via regedit the size of icon cache
    5) Replacing iconcache.db with good one
    6) Repairing Windows by in place upgrade

None of these measures have had any effect. Any other ideas?

TIA,

Regina Skylark
    Knoxville, TN
    Windows 10 Pro
    Dell XPS 13 (9350)

ReginaSkylark, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 14, 2022
  4. File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

File status icons not updating - problem with cached files? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

1. File status icons not updating - problem with cached files? - Similar Threads - File status icons

2. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  3. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  4. File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?: Hello,I have a problem whereby the status icons for folders in File Explorer are not updating to reflect their actual status. e.g., instead of the blue-arrow-circle they should be the solid-green-checkmark. So there seems to be a disconnect between my local OneDrive files and...
  5. Identifying the appropriate thumb/icon cache file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Identifying the appropriate thumb/icon cache file: Desktop shortcuts to folders that temporarily hold video files, keep parts of the video file thumbnails in their icons after the video files have been removed. One of the ways of correcting that, is to delete the contents of...
  6. Files cached?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files cached?: I have written a fair number of .BAT files to do things on my computer. The .BAT file may create a file by redirecting the output of one command (such as DIR >>output.txt) and then tries to read that file, but the command to process the file gets an error "The process cannot...
  7. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  8. "Edge" Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  9. "Edge" Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  10. Icon Caching Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Caching Problem: Folks, I'm having an icon caching problem that I've not been able to solve. What precipitated this event was that I was trying to get Adobe Connect to work. From what I could tell Shockwave was having an argument with Windows 10. I've tried everything suggested on this...