Windows 10: File structure of windows 10

Discus and support File structure of windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am so frustrated by the crazy windows file structure. I tried to transfer all of my photos from my old computer to the new one, but they all ended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lizabelle, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Lizabelle Win User

File structure of windows 10

I am so frustrated by the crazy windows file structure. I tried to transfer all of my photos from my old computer to the new one, but they all ended up in about 6 different locations. Plus my pictures on the old computer are in about 6 different locations too. I don't have any other computers linked to either of these, so why do i need all this confusion? Is there any way to get rid some of this stuff?

:)

Lizabelle, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2019
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Apr 28, 2019
  4. JRHoot Win User

What is Normal File Structure in Windows 10?

I am new to Windows 10 and have noticed what seems to be a strange file structure. A click on File Explorer generates this list:

Quick Access

Dropbox

OneDrive

This PC

WD Disk(L)

Network

Homegroup

Under WD Disk(L) there is a subfolder named WD Disk(L) and as one might expect the contents in the two folders are identical.

WD Disk(L) is an external backup disk.

Is this file structure normal with Windows 10 and if it is I will live with it.

JRHoot, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. File structure of windows 10 - Similar Threads - File structure

2. File structure is a mess after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File structure is a mess after fresh install: I have recently installed Windows 11 and performed updates. I was having trouble with pinning Documents and Pictures folders to Quick Access, it wouldn't work. Before that, OneDrive had hijacked every folder and didn't let me have my Documents etc locally, everything was on...
  3. File structure is a mess after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File structure is a mess after fresh install: I have recently installed Windows 11 and performed updates. I was having trouble with pinning Documents and Pictures folders to Quick Access, it wouldn't work. Before that, OneDrive had hijacked every folder and didn't let me have my Documents etc locally, everything was on...
  4. wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure: So I installed WSL and have UBUNTU as my default terminal when I run the Windows terminal. I went to settings>ubuntu>starting directory and selected my projects folder on my desktop.however, when I run the terminal and put in "pwd" I get home/username...and when I do ls -a I...
  5. wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure

wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure: So I installed WSL and have UBUNTU as my default terminal when I run the Windows terminal. I went to settings>ubuntu>starting directory and selected my projects folder on my desktop.however, when I run the terminal and put in "pwd" I get home/username...and when I do ls -a I...
  6. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  7. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  8. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

9. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  10. File Folder Structures Duplicated

File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File Structince for windows 10

2. normal folder structure in win 10

3. win 10 file structure