Windows 10: File Structure

Discus and support File Structure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Evidently, I am not alone in trying to understand Windows 11 file structure. I have OneDrive for Cloud storage. Took me a while to realize that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnBrownez, Feb 4, 2023.

1. File Structure

Evidently, I am not alone in trying to understand Windows 11 file structure. I have OneDrive for Cloud storage. Took me a while to realize that "myname-Personal" file was the OneCloud file. I'm OK with this now for OneCloud, but I am thoroughly confused about the file structure under "Desktop". Under Desktop I have a folder named "12038." I don't know where this folder came from. Also under "Desktop" I have a "Users" fold that includes my "10238" and my "Name." When I open these files that appear redundant, I discover that some of the subfiles are MT and some are not. I've spent days trying t

:)

JohnBrownez, Feb 4, 2023
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Feb 4, 2023
  3. File structure of windows 10

The Windows file and folder structure is exactly what you make it. When transferring pictures from one machine to the other then a simple way goes like this:

1. Drag the various folders from the old PC to a flash disk.
    2. Connect the flash disk to the new PC.
    3. Drag the flash disk folders into your Pictures library.
    In this way you end up with exactly the same folder structure as you had on the old PC.

Frederik Long, Feb 4, 2023
  4. File Structure

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

File Structure

1. File Structure - Similar Threads - File Structure

2. File structure is a mess after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File structure is a mess after fresh install: I have recently installed Windows 11 and performed updates. I was having trouble with pinning Documents and Pictures folders to Quick Access, it wouldn't work. Before that, OneDrive had hijacked every folder and didn't let me have my Documents etc locally, everything was on...
  3. File structure is a mess after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File structure is a mess after fresh install: I have recently installed Windows 11 and performed updates. I was having trouble with pinning Documents and Pictures folders to Quick Access, it wouldn't work. Before that, OneDrive had hijacked every folder and didn't let me have my Documents etc locally, everything was on...
  4. wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure: So I installed WSL and have UBUNTU as my default terminal when I run the Windows terminal. I went to settings>ubuntu>starting directory and selected my projects folder on my desktop.however, when I run the terminal and put in "pwd" I get home/username...and when I do ls -a I...
  5. wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure

wsl on windows ubuntu not recognizing windows file structure: So I installed WSL and have UBUNTU as my default terminal when I run the Windows terminal. I went to settings>ubuntu>starting directory and selected my projects folder on my desktop.however, when I run the terminal and put in "pwd" I get home/username...and when I do ls -a I...
  6. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  7. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  8. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

9. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  10. File Folder Structures Duplicated

File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...