Windows 10: File sync software suggestions?

Discus and support File sync software suggestions? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; You could use the simple xcopy command in a batch file with appropriate switches set. Many web guides how to use it to do what you want. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomStrong, Aug 22, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

File sync software suggestions?

You could use the simple xcopy command in a batch file with appropriate switches set. Many web guides how to use it to do what you want.

cereberus, Aug 23, 2016
  2. x509 Win User

I used to use synctoy. it has the annoying habit of creating duplicate copies of files. Try Free Files Sync instead.

3. altae Win User
    If you don't mind starting the synchronization process manually you could also use Fastcopy.

altae, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Molyy Win User

Molyy, Aug 24, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Not possibly the answer you wanted - but if you can run Linux with KDE desktop you can use the Dolphin File manager (equiv to windows explorer) and it will give you various options at BOTH FILE and DIRECTORY level

(Install package KDiff3).

1) Files in A but not in B
    2) Files in B and not in A
    3) Identical Files (by file name - files in Both A and B - you can ignore creation date etc -- loads of config options).

Then you have File compare both at Binary and Ascii (text) level and can also compare by date etc.

You can export output to a file so then use Windows to import as EXCEL spreadsheet then you've got a great tool and it's FREE.

I gave up using Windows for this stuff as Windows has a directory + file name restriction (even on build 1607) of around 260 chars -- not enough for loads of my music files so impossible to sync with Windows.

Note - nothing wrong with Windows but these sorts of areas let it down - so hopefully this will get fixed.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. File sync software suggestions? - Similar Threads - File sync software

2. Software Storage Space Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Storage Space Suggestion: There should always be any forms of media and visual demonstrations shown posted on up on this type of site as well as on the types of sites for all of the types of techno companies existing in the world itself in general that actually work in the ways that this type does in...
  3. Software Storage Space Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Storage Space Suggestion: There should always be any forms of media and visual demonstrations shown posted on up on this type of site as well as on the types of sites for all of the types of techno companies existing in the world itself in general that actually work in the ways that this type does in...
  4. One Drive sync suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive sync suggestion: I want to suggest way of sync to PC to clouds when i move a file to other folder on my PC cloud should move same way i did on my PC, not reupload the f**king file,And made a way to sync any folder in the Andoid or other device and have option to have *excluded folders*...
  5. One Drive sync suggestion

One Drive sync suggestion: I want to suggest way of sync to PC to clouds when i move a file to other folder on my PC cloud should move same way i did on my PC, not reupload the f**king file,And made a way to sync any folder in the Andoid or other device and have option to have *excluded folders*...
  6. Bandwidth meter software suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bandwidth meter software suggestions?: I'm looking for a Bandwidth meter software, which can show the bandwidth at the taskbar Also allows to check the ping and traceroute options Looking for a lightweight software. submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments]...
  7. 3D design software suggestions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3D design software suggestions: I've had no luck finding software to create 3D objects. Not for beginners, anyway. I don't want any online, because you can't save the objects. Blender is too complicated. I tried FreeCAD but there were no instructions and it froze my PC. I've been searching for one just...
  8. How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

in Windows 10 Support
    How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough: I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates: Date Created Last Modified Last Accessed A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates. However,...
  9. Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?: There are so many anti viruses in the market. The last one I used was Nod32. It was on windows 8 pro. Now on windows 10 I didn't decide yet what to use if at all. Should I have any anti virus software on the pc ? Is the defender built in windows is good enough ? When I...
  10. Suggestions for free audio software

Suggestions for free audio software: Am set up now and wanting to add some software for copying to and playing audio from the Music library now that WMP is not in 10. So any suggestions welcome *Smile 55432