Windows 10: File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened

Discus and support File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After this file system error (-2147163901) with Windows 10, all Windows apps can no longer be opened. So no photo, post or Skype etc. Even deleting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by firehead2, Jan 11, 2019.

1. firehead2 Win User

File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened

After this file system error (-2147163901) with Windows 10, all Windows apps can no longer be opened.

So no photo, post or Skype etc.
    Even deleting and re-downloading the apps is unsuccessful.
    Also the steps:

PowerShell as an administrator
    Dism / Online / Cleanup Image / RestoreHealth etc. did not work.
    Also the MediaCreationTool1809 with no success.
    Does anyone have a solution for this bug without having to reinstall Windows?
    Thanks for any tip.
    Alfred

:)

firehead2, Jan 11, 2019

2. Error message "File system error (-2147163901)" in Pictures

I cannot open individual items in "Pictures" with error message "File system error (-2147163901)" . Photos will not open at all though it is installed and has been reset. I am using Windows 10 Home on a PC. Any suggestions?

TeribusTeriodin, Jan 11, 2019
  3. LowK.K Win User
    system file error -2147163901

my windows 10 pop up this msg system file error -2147163901 , when i try to open jpeg file from file explorer. the problem occur after i update the latest windows 10. pls help me to solve the problem.. thanks

LowK.K, Jan 11, 2019
  4. File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened

My pc updated and now it will not open jpgs. It gives me this error msg: File system error (-2147163901)

My pc updated and now it will not open jpgs. It gives me this error msg: File system error (-2147163901)

HappyFeetNashville, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened

1. File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened - Similar Threads - File System Error

2. Can no longer move the page file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer move the page file: I have Win 10 on an SSD and have always been able to set the pagefile to none on it and use an internal HD for the page file. After doing a clean install of win 10 pro Windows insists on creating a temporary page file anyway. [ATTACH] But the settings are correct....
  3. file system is not opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e
  4. "File System Error" on opening Image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "File System Error" on opening Image files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I encounter a problem recently that when I open any image file, Photos app opens and closes with a flash and showing this error on all kind of pictures. [ATTACH] One change I have observed it that a new app auto installed...
  5. All of a sudden can no longer open a 2d IE

in Browsers and Email
    All of a sudden can no longer open a 2d IE: hey guys, i used to open several IE screens together, this is no longer possible. What can be done is open a new session via file and then New Window or New Session, but it was easier to open other IE screens via the right mouse click. I can go the the Start Screen...
  6. Can no longer access all computers/files/external hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer access all computers/files/external hard drives: My computers crashed a few days ago - power failure - when everything was back up, my external hard drives were no longer visible on one PC in my network/homegroup the files are still visible in homegroup - I just get an error when trying to access. The message...
  7. Windows 10 Can No longer access files on any other Systems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Can No longer access files on any other Systems.: ​I have a home network with 5 W10 systems, 3 W8.1 systems and a W7 system. Until a few days ago, all systems could access files on any other available system. Currently, all systems can “see” all other available systems. However, NONE of the 5 W10 systems can access any files...
  8. Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts: I think it was when the current build of Windows 10 (1709) came out that Microsoft introduced a feature where any windows (even things like Task Manager etc) would re-open when the system was restarted if they were open and running when the system was shut down. I wasn't...
  9. Can a file folder open in a window all by itself?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a file folder open in a window all by itself?: Can a file folder open it it's own window all by itself without any of the drive's other folder structure showing? I have certain folders I must refer to frequently and I'd like to create a shortcut which would pop one open in a new window without having to wade through the...
  10. Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files: This is a clean Windows 10 Pro 64-bit install on a home-built system (ASUS Sabertooth X99 with an i7). When attempting to open graphics files (JPG, GIF, etc) this is the error that pops up: File System Error (-2147098360) [img] 17167