Windows 10: File system error when opening *.png files?

Discus and support File system error when opening *.png files? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, As of today, when I open a *.png file, the message appears: *file + path* File system error (-2143322102) I have not installed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by byToastiii, Aug 4, 2020.

1. File system error when opening *.png files?

Hey,

As of today, when I open a *.png file, the message appears:

*file + path*

File system error (-2143322102)

I have not installed or downloaded anything before, let alone changed anything on the system or the like. The file format *.png is set to the program Paint.NET as startup program.

This happens with every png file I open.

:)

byToastiii, Aug 4, 2020

2. File System Error when opening pictures

Thank you for your response. I suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. The sfc/scannow command
    (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed or damaged versions with the correct versions possible. You may refer to this link for
    more information.

If the issue persists even after using System File Checker tool, please follow the steps below to run the
    DISM tool:

• Press Windows key + X and select the Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, enter the following commands (Press the Enter key after each command):

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and press Enter.

• Restart the machine.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 4, 2020
  3. file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

File system error when opening *.png files?

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

File system error when opening *.png files?

1. File system error when opening *.png files? - Similar Threads - File system error

2. "No Such Interface supported" error when trying to open a .png file from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Such Interface supported" error when trying to open a .png file from File Explorer: I've seen other questions that seem slightly related, but nothing that quite fits. Recently, I noticed that if I try to open a .png file through File Explorer which is normally associated with Paint 3d, an error message pops up, with the path of the .png in the title bar,...
  3. "No Such Interface supported" error when trying to open a .png file from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No Such Interface supported" error when trying to open a .png file from File Explorer: I've seen other questions that seem slightly related, but nothing that quite fits. Recently, I noticed that if I try to open a .png file through File Explorer which is normally associated with Paint 3d, an error message pops up, with the path of the .png in the title bar,...
  4. .png files not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .png files not opening in Windows 10: I am trying to open .png files. It shows- icon.png looks it appears that we don't support this file format [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/png-files-not-opening-in-windows-10/1459db90-3f01-4918-bea7-b0873cdd2bca
  5. can't open png files

can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  6. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  7. Opening PNG files.

Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. how to open PNG file?

how to open PNG file?: how to open png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-png-file/972786e8-87da-4e14-a5ac-e97a09a7be86"
  10. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797