Windows 10: file system

Discus and support file system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just updated to win 10. all looks good except I am unable to access my data files from win 8.1. The data was in c:\data and backed up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chasw37, Aug 2, 2015.

1. chasw37 Win User

file system

I have just updated to win 10. all looks good except I am unable to access my data files from win 8.1.
    The data was in c:\data and backed up to E:\data and to a thumb drive which shows as G:\data.
    File Explorer hangs when asking for the properties of C:\ or sub directories.
    It can not display file contents of any of the data files. Explorer reports "Working on it."
    Please help, this represents years of active and historical data!
    Charlie*cry

:)

chasw37, Aug 2, 2015

2. NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

I'm having the same problem

ShironHerron, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

Hello Dilip,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before it happen?
    • What is the exact error code or message that you get on your screen?
    • Can you still boot the computer and get into the desktop screen?
    • Are you able to start the computer in safe mode?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

file system

1. file system - Similar Threads - file system

2. HELP ERROR: BAD SYSTEM FILE CONFIG

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP ERROR: BAD SYSTEM FILE CONFIG: I've TRIED EVERYTHING. I keep getting this code and not just that, I've tried resetting and restoring etc, they all just say either 'an error happened while trying to reset' or that the restore point isnt valid! What do I do and how can I fix without spending tons of...
  3. Photos not working-File system error -805305975

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not working-File system error -805305975: I cannot get my Photos Viewer to show images. Just a white blank page shows and it freezes. What can I do to get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-working-file-system-error-805305975/6ab3f4e7-32e0-4814-b3cd-32d3c6714910
  4. How to Run CleanMGR to Automatically Include System Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Run CleanMGR to Automatically Include System Files: I am trying to create a shortcut that will run the CleanMGR with all options selected AND include the System Files. I have found that running: Code: C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe /LOWDISK This will provide a prompt to the user. or Code: C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe...
  5. File system error when opening *.png files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error when opening *.png files?: Hey, As of today, when I open a *.png file, the message appears: *file + path* File system error (-2143322102) I have not installed or downloaded anything before, let alone changed anything on the system or the like. The file format *.png is set to the program...
  6. USB xHCI Compliant host controller, the system cannot find the file specified, usb ports...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB xHCI Compliant host controller, the system cannot find the file specified, usb ports...: [ATTACH] mu usb ports don't work anymore. pls help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-the-system/8743ec49-8285-4018-b12d-f78602128545
  7. BACK UP WIN10 FILES OR SYSTEM IMAGE

BACK UP WIN10 FILES OR SYSTEM IMAGE: Yes i have searched the forums, cant seem to find anyone with my problem..so sorry folks I have tried using backup and restore win7 on control panel many times now each time its failed each time i have googles the error problem and followed the instructions...still just now...
  8. DISM: The system cannot find the file specified when the file exists.

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM: The system cannot find the file specified when the file exists.: I used the following lines in a CMD script: Code: If exist "D:\CAB\WinPE-FontSupport-ZH-TW.cab" (echo The font file exists. >> "%Log%") If exist "D:\CAB\lp.cab" (echo The lp file exists. >> "%Log%") DISM /image:%X% /add-package...
  9. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing...

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing...: Hello! I need help. When I turn my computer I get blue screen with: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe...
  10. Where cam I download a stock Windows 10 image to copy permissions from to fix my system files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where cam I download a stock Windows 10 image to copy permissions from to fix my system files: I'm trying to fix some messed up permissions on my c drive that are breaking a few things, im currently using the image in the iso from Microsoft to copy the permissions from their onto my c drive but the image from the iso installer is missing a few folders that I need to...