Windows 10: file system

Discus and support file system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just updated to win 10. all looks good except I am unable to access my data files from win 8.1. The data was in c:\data and backed up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chasw37, Aug 2, 2015.

1. chasw37 Win User

file system

I have just updated to win 10. all looks good except I am unable to access my data files from win 8.1.
    The data was in c:\data and backed up to E:\data and to a thumb drive which shows as G:\data.
    File Explorer hangs when asking for the properties of C:\ or sub directories.
    It can not display file contents of any of the data files. Explorer reports "Working on it."
    Please help, this represents years of active and historical data!
    Charlie*cry

:)

chasw37, Aug 2, 2015

2. NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

I'm having the same problem

ShironHerron, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

Hello Dilip,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before it happen?
    • What is the exact error code or message that you get on your screen?
    • Can you still boot the computer and get into the desktop screen?
    • Are you able to start the computer in safe mode?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

file system

1. file system - Similar Threads - file system

2. cannot copy system restore point file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cannot copy system restore point file: I need to make backup of system restore point, i followed some guide and i own folder even subfolders and file and still says i need permissions when i try to copy it and when i click ok nothing happens. When i applied permission it said some error, but i read it doesn't...
  3. Protect system restore files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Protect system restore files: After Microsoft's latest forced update, 1903, I discovered that all my previous system restore files had been wiped out. Is there any way of hiding, or protecting, or backing up system restore files? 136886
  4. Could Not reassociate with File History data The system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could Not reassociate with File History data The system cannot find the path specified: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 Pro File History with a WD My Cloud network attached storage. A recent WIN10 update broke the network connection with my storage, so for last couple of months I used a USB hard drive connected directly to my PC for File History backup...
  5. System file too large

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System file too large: I select every folder in my C disk and the property shows that they are only a little bit more than 100G. When I check the storage in the setting, it shows that the system file is 244GB. Is there anyway to delete it? PS: I already checked CBS folder and that does not...
  6. System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...: I ran the scf/scannow, several times and many corruptions were found. Also, there are hundreds of the same items in all different locations, even locations I never knew about. I am afraid to delete anything. I am running DSIM online Clean and Restore Health; I copied...
  7. System File Checker errors reported...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System File Checker errors reported...: I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors. I've no idea how to interpret the results from the CBS.log, which I've attached, and wondered if someone could take a glance and enlighten me, please? Thank...
  8. System File Checker errors reported...

in Windows 10 Support
    System File Checker errors reported...: I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors. I've no idea how to interpret the results from the CBS.log, which I've attached, and wondered if someone could take a glance and enlighten me, please? Thank...
  9. 'Defender' update 07/10/19 breaks 'system file checker' app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Defender' update 07/10/19 breaks 'system file checker' app: All devices updated yesterday(07/10/19) have corruption that cannot be repaired, ""windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them...For online repair etc etc.""...
  10. windows 10 system files got corrupted which experiences slow performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 system files got corrupted which experiences slow performance: My windows 10 laptop's speed is very very slow due to some system files are corrupted ... And sfc, chkdsk, chkntfs, dism nothing is working. All tools are unable to recover files. Please help !!...