Windows 10: file system

Discus and support file system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just updated to win 10. all looks good except I am unable to access my data files from win 8.1. The data was in c:\data and backed up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chasw37, Aug 2, 2015.

1. chasw37 Win User

file system

I have just updated to win 10. all looks good except I am unable to access my data files from win 8.1.
    The data was in c:\data and backed up to E:\data and to a thumb drive which shows as G:\data.
    File Explorer hangs when asking for the properties of C:\ or sub directories.
    It can not display file contents of any of the data files. Explorer reports "Working on it."
    Please help, this represents years of active and historical data!
    Charlie*cry

:)

chasw37, Aug 2, 2015

2. NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

I'm having the same problem

ShironHerron, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

Hello Dilip,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before it happen?
    • What is the exact error code or message that you get on your screen?
    • Can you still boot the computer and get into the desktop screen?
    • Are you able to start the computer in safe mode?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

file system

1. file system - Similar Threads - file system

2. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  3. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  4. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  6. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  7. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  9. The system cannot find the file specified

The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging