Windows 10: file tagging

Discus and support file tagging in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you tag files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tagging/3d876677-2bc6-46b5-b0a1-ddbd6fa1515a" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mel K Moore1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. file tagging

How do you tag files?

:)

Mel K Moore1, Dec 12, 2018

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Dec 12, 2018
  4. file tagging

File tags

I using win 10 build 17763. When adding tags in file explorer to a photo, if you have details view enabled, file explorer will show metadata on far right of screen. if you click on Tags: you can enter a tag. While typing, there is an auto-fill list that
    comes up you can use. I have added names and places to this list, but only one or two show up when I try to use them on the next photo. I'm hoping there is a Master List somewhere that I can edit. I don't know if it has a max size, and that is why my new tags
    are not being shown. Plus there is a lot of them that I don't use.

Thanks- Larry

Larry Perron, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

file tagging

1. file tagging - Similar Threads - file tagging

2. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...: Im having a very difficult time keeping track of multiple variations of audio projects. I easily loose track of projects, and cant find what i'm looking for. Even with just a few variations, it gets unmanageable for me. Being able to quickly see notes that I link to a file...
  5. Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...: Im having a very difficult time keeping track of multiple variations of audio projects. I easily loose track of projects, and cant find what i'm looking for. Even with just a few variations, it gets unmanageable for me. Being able to quickly see notes that I link to a file...
  6. Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...

7. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  8. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  9. How to put original file names as a Tags in the EXIF data of jpg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put original file names as a Tags in the EXIF data of jpg files.: I am using Windows 10. File Explorer uses EXIF data as "Tags".My Nikon P900 assigns filenames like DSCN7398.JPG. I have a set of snapshots as "headshots' of individuals. DSCN*.jpg in folders. I'll rename the files to names like Al Allens.jpg Betty Boop.jpg, Chuck Chaplin.jpg,...
  10. How to put original file names as a Tags in the EXIF data of jpg files.

How to put original file names as a Tags in the EXIF data of jpg files.: I am using Windows 10. File Explorer uses EXIF data as "Tags".My Nikon P900 assigns filenames like DSCN7398.JPG. I have a set of snapshots as "headshots' of individuals. DSCN*.jpg in folders. I'll rename the files to names like Al Allens.jpg Betty Boop.jpg, Chuck Chaplin.jpg,...