Windows 10: File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix

Discus and support File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a series of files for which I need to change both the Windows Explorer date and the internal EXIF dates. These photos were taken with a Nikon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Aug 12, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix

I have a series of files for which I need to change both the Windows Explorer date and the internal EXIF dates. These photos were taken with a Nikon DSLR, where the camera's clock got reset due to battery backup issues. I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to change Windows dates for a file, so i don't get this problem of the wrong timestamp when I copy files. It's "complicated" because of timezone issues.

I restored these photo files from backup to C:\temp, my universal "scratch" folder. Here is one such file:

File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix [​IMG]

When I copied this file to E:\Photo, the timestamp changed by 10 hours.

The problem with this series of photos is that I took them before I realized that the camera clock was wrong. The clock started running at 1/1/2007 at 00:00 only when I turned on the camera (I've duplicated this) so I must have taken this photo about 30 minutes after turning on the camera. As I said, there was a problem the the backup battery.
    Actually, this photo was taken 4/14/2017 (or 14/4/2017 for friends in Europe). The photo's timestamp is 1/1/2007 because of the clock setting issue.I need to get the dates and times right so that the Nikon photos will properly time-sort with photos taken by my iPhone and my wife's iPhone.

The photos were created in Copenhagen, GMT+1 time zone, and then copied from my camera's memory card to my laptop in that time zone. But I live in California, GMT-8. The files were backed up with my backup program when I got home from the trip, and then restored from backup also at GMT-8. Whenever I review photos, I always change my system to the time zone where they were taken, so it's easy to remember where I was that day.

To add to the "complication" here, neither of these dates corresponds to the internal EXIF date for the photo.

So I want to fix both the internal EXIF dates and match them with the Windows Explorer date.
    To fix the internal EXIF data in each photo, my go-to tool is EXIFTool GUI. Using EXIFToolGUI, it's easy to change all the EXIF dates. However, EXIFToolGUI automatically changes with Windows file date, instead of giving me control about how much to change that date.

:)

2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 12, 2019
  4. bngchucky Win User

ATIFlash 'ERROR 0FL01' FIX

If you have been suffering messages such as 'Adapter not Found' and 'ERROR 0FL01' or even 'Invalid Adapter or BIOS Selected' when trying to flash or reflash your Video cards Bios and you are lucky enough to own a PC capable of running more than one PCI-E Video card then this could just be the Guide you've been looking for.

--------------
    Required Files
    --------------
    *HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23839&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
    --------------
    *USB Boot Files
    http://www.4shared.com/file/43544416/39060a9e/HPUSBFW_BOOTFILES.html?s=1
    --------------
    *ATIFlash
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1731/ATIFlash 3.79.html
    --------------
    *Your Video Cards Bios
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...re=&manufacturer=&model=&interface=&memSize=0

------
    Part 1
    ------
    Step 1 Create USB Boot Drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

Step 2 Copy all the USB Boot files to the USB Boot Drive (do not overwrite files when prompted)

Step 3 Copy ATIFlash files USB Boot Drive

Step 4 Copy new BIOS file to USB BOOT Drive (name it something like bios.bin as you will be using this name in a DOS Prompt later on)
    ------
    Part 2
    ------
    Step 1 Boot into 'Safe Mode' (by pressing f8 before booting into Windows)

Step 2 Uninstall ATI Drivers and Associated Software then Reboot
    \
    Step 3 Go to Device Manager 'Display Adapters' and Uninstall (including Software when prompted)

Step 4 SHUT DOWN your PC (DO NOT REBOOT, if you should so happen to Reboot repeat Step 3 above)
    ------
    Part 3
    ------
    Step 1 Remove your Video Card from the top PCI-E slot and place it in a different PCI-E slot (this is the step that sets this Guide apart from all the others)

Step 2 Reboot into your Mobo's Bios

Step 3 Once in your Mobo's Bios change the first Boot Device to USB-HDD (or your Equivalent setting) then Reboot

Step 4 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -ai 0 ,this will provide you with proof that your Video Card does infact exist

Step 5 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -unlockrom 0 , i suggest you do this because some Bios files are infact locked and can't be flashed until unlocked

Step 6 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom , this is when your Bios is actually flashed

Step 7 Once your Bios has been flashed simply 'Ctrl+Alt+Delete' to restart your PC

Step 8 Go straight back into your Mobo's Bios and change your first Boot Device back to what it was (probably HDD) then Reboot for the final time and your finished
    ------

bngchucky, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix - Similar Threads - File timestamp changes

2. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  3. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  4. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 file copying to USB timestamps' resolution

Windows 10 file copying to USB timestamps' resolution: Hello,Is there any way to reduce the resolution of the timestamps on files? In Windows 10, when copying files to a USB drive which already has versions of the files on it, the process lets you see only files with different timestamps. However, that includes versions where the...
  6. Windows 10 file copying to USB timestamps' resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file copying to USB timestamps' resolution: Hello,Is there any way to reduce the resolution of the timestamps on files? In Windows 10, when copying files to a USB drive which already has versions of the files on it, the process lets you see only files with different timestamps. However, that includes versions where the...
  7. Windows 10 file copying to USB timestamps' resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unexpected HCONTENT.DAT files on C: when copying TV programmes to E:

Unexpected HCONTENT.DAT files on C: when copying TV programmes to E:: My laptop has one SSD partitioned as C: & E:. The C: partition is running out of space so I'm trying to minimise its use for user files. I record Freeview TV programmes on a Humax PVR, trim them using VideoRedo and save them to a Synology NAS drive. Whereas previously I had...
  9. Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive: [img] Is there any explanation as to why I have this situation of 1) Having to press the "continue" button everytime I'm copying/moving something to the C: drive (P.S. It's just a home PC and I'm the only admin/user), & 2) Why the "More details" is dimmed? I'm running...
  10. Lag/Stutter When Copying Files to C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag/Stutter When Copying Files to C Drive: I recently experience a very weird issue when I copy large folder to my C drive. Basically, I have a high-end PC, with a 4770K @ 4.3Ghz, 16GB 2133Mhz RAM, 240GB SSD (C Drive), and 2 x 500GB WD Black in RAID 0 (D Drive). When I copy a game folder from D to C, the whole system...