Windows 10: File Timestamp inconsistencies

Discus and support File Timestamp inconsistencies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First example: DISMRepairLogFile.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. However, the individual entries in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teligence, Apr 17, 2020.

1. teligence Win User

File Timestamp inconsistencies

First example: DISMRepairLogFile.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. However, the individual entries in the content of the file are correct.

Second Example: SrtTrail.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. HOWEVER, the timestamp in the content is GMT, but 10 hours behind!

System time is correct. All other times that I've checked show as correct.

Thoughts?

:)

teligence, Apr 17, 2020
  2. teligence Win User

First example: DISMRepairLogFile.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. However, the individual entries in the content of the file are correct.

Second Example: SrtTrail.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. HOWEVER, the timestamp in the content is GMT, but 10 hours behind!

System time is correct. All other times that I've checked show as correct.

Thoughts?

teligence, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 23, 2020
  4. File Timestamp inconsistencies

Two Timestamp issues/questions

I'm reconfiguring my wife's laptop. File History automatically adds a timestamp to every folder that is unzipped, and adds a Timestamp code to every file.

1. How do I turn off/disable Windows from automatically adding a timestamp? Yes..I've searched for an answer and have had zero success in finding a succinct answer.
    2. Is there a Command Prompt script to remove the Timestamp code from all files and folders? Yes....I've searched for this also and have not found a specific answer.

For the admins monitoring this, please allow someone to provide an answer and do not delete it.

Charles Putnam, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. File Timestamp inconsistencies - Similar Threads - File Timestamp inconsistencies

2. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?: I work on teams in my organisation and we work with a lot of files and have 5 people all feeding into - I am trying to find out how we can get the timestamp on the files to show who last modified a documents and at what time but have not been able to . I am sure it must be...
  3. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?: I work on teams in my organisation and we work with a lot of files and have 5 people all feeding into - I am trying to find out how we can get the timestamp on the files to show who last modified a documents and at what time but have not been able to . I am sure it must be...
  4. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. TimeStamp In Security Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TimeStamp In Security Events: I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't...
  6. File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?: Hi, I can find and copy files based on the date timestamp but can't figure out how to do it by time only. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a camera set up to take timelapse photos every minute during daylight. I end up with around 600 photos each day and I can...
  7. File Timestamp Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    File Timestamp Monitor: I want to monitor a text file and when its timestamp changes play a sound. I first though of doing this with Task Scheduler, but I don't see a way to directly monitor a file timestamp with Task Scheduler. I do see that this can be done with PowerShell, although I am uncertain...
  8. Incorrect timestamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect timestamp: In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-timestamp/5d425490-ecd4-449f-8e5d-fbb5a7bd6a36
  9. How to remove backup timestamp from the files

How to remove backup timestamp from the files: Have windows 10 Ver 1204 How can I remove in bulk the time stamp YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM UTC from multiple files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-backup-timestamp-from-the-files/9e86dc61-de30-4d87-814c-c6afd31659e9
  10. Filehistory timestamp

Filehistory timestamp: How can I eliminate all but the most recent file in filehistory WITHOUT USING Win10's file history program? My final objective is to end up each of the most recent copy of a file, without the timestamp in a clean folder structure so that I can copy back into my documents...