Windows 10: File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10

Discus and support File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a transfer cable so to transfer files from a HDD that was on a system that was running on windows ME. when I plug in the usb port there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterisaacs1, Jan 1, 2019.

1. File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10

I have a transfer cable so to transfer files from a HDD that was on a system that was running on windows ME. when I plug in the usb port there are no files in file explorer and the windows ten system is asking me to format the drive? it shows up as drive g. under properties it shows capacity as 0 bytes

the hdd I am removing files from is a western digital 320GB sata. how do I accomplish this transfer

:)

peterisaacs1, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 1, 2019
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Jan 1, 2019
  4. File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10

File transfer

Hi Paul,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Files are automatically transferred to the new operating system when you upgrade therefore, you need not transfer anything. If you created a backup before you initiated the upgrade, you could've restored the files should there be any data loss. However,
    if there are some missing files, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested above and check if you are able to retrieve the files.

Hope this helps.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10

1. File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10 - Similar Threads - File transfer HDD

2. Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD: So I installed a new m.2 SSD in which I did a fresh install of windows on it in order for faster loading times on the startup screen as well as when I'm editing videos through Adobe After Effects. How do I make it so when I set my SSD as the bootup drive my Desktop icons from...
  3. Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD: So I installed a new m.2 SSD in which I did a fresh install of windows on it in order for faster loading times on the startup screen as well as when I'm editing videos through Adobe After Effects. How do I make it so when I set my SSD as the bootup drive my Desktop icons from...
  4. Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Transfering files from Seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering files from Seagate HDD: Hi!My seagate HDD has been acting strange lately and i know it is a problem with seagate and windows 10/11. I want to transfer all of my files from my seagate hdd to another usb harddrive. I simply just drag and drop the files as i assume is right?I get these error messages...
  6. Transfering files from Seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering files from Seagate HDD: Hi!My seagate HDD has been acting strange lately and i know it is a problem with seagate and windows 10/11. I want to transfer all of my files from my seagate hdd to another usb harddrive. I simply just drag and drop the files as i assume is right?I get these error messages...
  7. Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?: Hi, I bought a new SSD 1TB to backup all my files from my old HDD 1TB. I want to transfer all my files and OS win10 from old hdd to new ssd. I used "Cocosenor Backup Tuner" program to do that and did. Now when I want to boot from my ssd it fails to identify windows!! My old...
  8. Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer.: The situation is following. I have a relatively large zip archive sitting on my network drive. If I copy and extract it locally or try to extract it over the network the archive utility tells me that there are checksum errors. The other symptom is that if I try to get the...
  9. transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd: I'm trying to transfer my operating system from my hard drive to my disk drive but mi having issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-factory-operating-system-from/cb554faf-e7ed-4d63-9505-249104f37a8b
  10. How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?: I am currently using Acer Swift 3 Windows 10. This laptop has two storages which are SSD and HDD. Every time I download or transfer any files from my pen drives, the files will be saved in SSD. I do not know how to save in HDD. I want to save in HDD because it has larger...