Windows 10: File Transfer from Mac to Windows

Discus and support File Transfer from Mac to Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for Mac in order to transfer my files from a mac to a windows 10 tablet. When I plugged in the external to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanYeater, Sep 25, 2018.

1. File Transfer from Mac to Windows

I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for Mac in order to transfer my files from a mac to a windows 10 tablet. When I plugged in the external to the tablet to start transferring, nothing pops up. The light on the external appears for a few seconds then nothing. What can I do to have this transfer properly so I don't lose any files?

Thankfully, I haven't erased any files off the Mac yet just in case something happens where this type of transfer wont work.

Thank you.

:)

RyanYeater, Sep 25, 2018
  2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Pembo210 Win User

File Transfer from Mac to Windows

mac files

Correct. HFS+ will not work on windows, unless you purchase extra software.

If you want the external drive to work on Windows and Mac AND also allow files larger than 4GB, then you need to format as NTFS from a Windows machine and run a program from your Mac like Macfuse or NTFS-3G to read the NTFS file system.

The other option is to format in HFS+ (mac) and buy a program called MacDrive that allows Windows computers to read Mac formatted drives. I think it's like $50.

That's pretty much all I can remember from my Mac days. I haven't used one in a couple years.

Pembo210, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

File Transfer from Mac to Windows

1. File Transfer from Mac to Windows - Similar Threads - File Transfer Mac

2. Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive: I used to have a MacBook that I used to put all photos onto an external hard drive and now have switched to a surface pro running windows 11 and when plug the hard drive in does not recognise the photos stored. I’m guessing this is a format problem but how can I overcome...
  3. Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive: I used to have a MacBook that I used to put all photos onto an external hard drive and now have switched to a surface pro running windows 11 and when plug the hard drive in does not recognise the photos stored. I’m guessing this is a format problem but how can I overcome...
  4. Transfering apps to new Windows computer from mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering apps to new Windows computer from mac: I am looking to move my Home Inspector Pro software from my old macbook pro to my new windows computer. What would be the best way of going about this? I assume transferring it to an external hard drive then re loading it on the new computer. If there anythings i should be...
  5. Transfering apps to new Windows computer from mac

Transfering apps to new Windows computer from mac: I am looking to move my Home Inspector Pro software from my old macbook pro to my new windows computer. What would be the best way of going about this? I assume transferring it to an external hard drive then re loading it on the new computer. If there anythings i should be...
  6. Transfering apps to new Windows computer from mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels: I use a Toshiba laptop, which runs Windows 10 shipped with Windows 8.I use a Macintosh desktop, which runs macOS 12.4 and Parallels 17.I want to transfer the laptop contents to the Mac, using Parallels Transporter Agent. Then, I will put the laptop in permanent storage. I...
  8. Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels

Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels: I use a Toshiba laptop, which runs Windows 10 shipped with Windows 8.I use a Macintosh desktop, which runs macOS 12.4 and Parallels 17.I want to transfer the laptop contents to the Mac, using Parallels Transporter Agent. Then, I will put the laptop in permanent storage. I...
  9. Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC: I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot camp transfer files from osx to windows 10

2. transfer files from windows phone to mac

3. transfer my data

4. troubleshooting transfering files from mac to windows 10