Windows 10: File Transfer From PC To USB Thumbdrive Using Windows Explorer Has Problems.

Discus and support File Transfer From PC To USB Thumbdrive Using Windows Explorer Has Problems. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to transfer folders from my PC (folder on desktop) to my 2TB USB thumbdrive. I have a folder on my desktop that had about 20-30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mcasdorph2, Mar 26, 2019.

1. File Transfer From PC To USB Thumbdrive Using Windows Explorer Has Problems.

I've been trying to transfer folders from my PC (folder on desktop) to my 2TB USB thumbdrive. I have a folder on my desktop that had about 20-30 folders that had anywhere between 1GB to 4GB in each one. Transferring them to the thumbdrive resulted in some of the folders on the thumbdrive to be empty.. I thought I heard a long time ago that Windows Explorer was not really reliable for file transfer.

Also, my usb drive transfer has been kinda slow at 10-12mb/s so I went searching online and they said you can speed up the USB transfer rate by going to device manager and selecting the device, going to policy and selecting improve performance, that increased the initial data transfer rate to 30-60mb/s but starts slowing down and bottoming out almost acting like its not transferring at all, I'm talking all the way down to 300kb/s slow, not sure if that was accurate and still transferring or bottomed out and not transferring, never got an error so I dont know.

I don't have much faith getting an answer since it appears Microsoft tends to close threads awful quick when I search this site for answers to different problems, seems like nobody gets much help here but any help anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mcasdorph2, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2019
  3. IreneCorl Win User
    How do I transfer photos to a USB thumbdrive on Windows 10?

How do I transfer photos to a USB thumbdrive on Windows 10?

IreneCorl, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

File Transfer From PC To USB Thumbdrive Using Windows Explorer Has Problems.

What would you like to see in Windows 8

first ones not bad. floppies are dead, thats a good step up.

activation? i've never had issues with that.

Mussels, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

File Transfer From PC To USB Thumbdrive Using Windows Explorer Has Problems.

1. File Transfer From PC To USB Thumbdrive Using Windows Explorer Has Problems. - Similar Threads - File Transfer USB

2. Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB: With Windows 10 it was very easy to transfer files to and from my Android devices with a PC using a USB cable and File Explorer. I just moved to Windows 11, and this method of file transfer no longer works. Apparently I need to change on my Android cell phone "USB controlled...
  3. Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB: With Windows 10 it was very easy to transfer files to and from my Android devices with a PC using a USB cable and File Explorer. I just moved to Windows 11, and this method of file transfer no longer works. Apparently I need to change on my Android cell phone "USB controlled...
  4. Cannot read files on unlocked bitlocker usb thumbdrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot read files on unlocked bitlocker usb thumbdrive: Hi, I am trying to adapt to the new security restrictions put together by my company which means that all external devices harddrive or thumbdrives need to be bitlocker encrypted to receive files from my computer. However I am faced with a problem after encrypting on a...
  5. Unable to copy files from Thumbdrive to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy files from Thumbdrive to Windows 10: I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and have had MANY frustrations . The latest is I'm trying to copy files from a thumb drive to my Windows 10 doc and it won't. I have followed all the instructions which are a pain in the **** BTW- you can't just drag over . WHY Microsoft...
  6. Transfering data to my USB has a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering data to my USB has a problem: Guys, got a very weird problem. Searched on the internet if there were any similar problems but none. Problem: when transfering data from my pc to my usb it often goes from 99% back to 50% or lower. Is my USB broken? I tried with different torrents and they all receive the...
  7. download files from backup thumbdrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download files from backup thumbdrive.: I downloaded Windows 10 on my computer, replacing the OS that came with it (Windows 7). I have a thumb drive that contains a lot of apps and stuff from my previous computer that is now broken. How can I download this material from the thumb drive to my current computer?...
  8. USB transfer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB transfer problems: I'm having USB upload problems. I I transfer 5GB of photos to any thumb drive it takes 12-20 min to transfer to the USB but if I transfer FROM the USB to anywhere else it takes 6 Seconds. I've updated USB drivers and all ports on my system but no luck still slow as hell!! Any...
  9. How do I transfer photos to a USB thumbdrive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer photos to a USB thumbdrive on Windows 10?: How do I transfer photos to a USB thumbdrive on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-to-a-usb-thumbdrive-on/09e0a56f-e0cb-41d2-8d2b-542f7ae4a25b"
  10. USB (Thumbdrive) has Explorer automatically opening

in Windows 10 Support
    USB (Thumbdrive) has Explorer automatically opening: Here's something absolutely startling that's been happening lately. When I insert a USB drive into my computer, close down Windows Explorer, put the machine to sleep and then decide it's had enough rest so awaken it, Windows Explorer will automatically pop up. If I remove...