Windows 10: File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission.

Discus and support File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I transfer a text document from User A to User B without his permission? Methods I saw had to have user B's permission and another method gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OldNoob8, Feb 6, 2020.

1. OldNoob8 Win User

File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission.

How do I transfer a text document from User A to User B without his permission? Methods I saw had to have user B's permission and another method gave me a prompt saying that user b's files will be deleted and I don't want that. I simply need to add/move/copy a txt file.

:)

OldNoob8, Feb 6, 2020

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission. 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    user accounts

Thank you for your response. If you've created a new profile and you have admin privileges, try these steps on how to transfer files from one user to another and see if it will work for you:

• Open File Explorer and go to C:\Users.
    • Look for the account you want to copy the files from.
    • Select the folders/files you want to copy, right-click on it and select Copy.
    • Go to the new user account folder and paste the folders/files you copied.
    • Repeat the steps if needed.

Give us an update on how it goes.

Anne Ros, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

How do I transfer Files and Programs from User A to User B on Win 10 laptop?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Can you please confirm what is the current build installed on the computer?

• You can directly transfer files/folders to one account to another account by copying files and pasting in the destination account.
    Use Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Users to the account you want to COPY - Right Click on the Folders (and/or files) and COPY - go to the other account and PASTE where you want to put them. Repeat as needed. Do not delete
    the folders and files from the account they are in until you are sure they are duplicated where you need them.

If the issue persists, Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the
      Start
      Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click
      Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out
      and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a
      Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out
      and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Jessen P, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission. - Similar Threads - File transfer user

2. B & W for primary user but not others Latitude 5340

in Windows 10 Gaming
    B & W for primary user but not others Latitude 5340: A coworkers computer only shows black and white images when accessing the camera through windows and other apps. When I sign in to the device the images have color, in windows and other apps. I have reset the camera app and rebooted the device, no change.I have deleted the...
  3. B & W for primary user but not others Latitude 5340

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    B & W for primary user but not others Latitude 5340: A coworkers computer only shows black and white images when accessing the camera through windows and other apps. When I sign in to the device the images have color, in windows and other apps. I have reset the camera app and rebooted the device, no change.I have deleted the...
  4. B & W for primary user but not others Latitude 5340

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User File Transfer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User File Transfer?: My windows machine died last week and I had to replace it.Is it workable to add my old backed up user file to the Users folder of my new machine?Would it work normally and give me the tweaks and appearance of the old one?Would this effect downloaded "limited to one computer...
  6. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user file permissions: Hi,I have a senior to a user access to a specific file share folder.The permissions: a user U1, who is in a group G1 have access to a file F1, F1 folder have subfolders with inheritance permissions from F1.The Goal: is to let U1 user access to only 2 subfolders within F1...
  7. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user file permissions: Hi,I have a senior to a user access to a specific file share folder.The permissions: a user U1, who is in a group G1 have access to a file F1, F1 folder have subfolders with inheritance permissions from F1.The Goal: is to let U1 user access to only 2 subfolders within F1...
  8. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

in Browsers and Email
    Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.: I have two users. User A is my account. It is an administrator account and I login to User A for every thing I do on my computer. User B is an user account that I use. I don't use it for much of any thing. Today, I was looking at the file directories for user B. explorer to...
  10. Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.: I have two users. User A is my account. It is an administrator account and I login to User A for every thing I do on my computer. User B is an user account that I use. I don't use it for much of any thing. Today, I was looking at the file directories for user B. explorer to...