Windows 10: File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion

Discus and support File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 and trying to copy files from an micro sd card to my backup hard drive but the file transfer keeps stopping. Is there a solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GAZX9R, Sep 4, 2019.

1. GAZX9R Win User

File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion

I'm using Windows 10 and trying to copy files from an micro sd card to my backup hard drive but the file transfer keeps stopping. Is there a solution for this?

:)

GAZX9R, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Sep 4, 2019
  3. File transfer

Hi Paul,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Files are automatically transferred to the new operating system when you upgrade therefore, you need not transfer anything. If you created a backup before you initiated the upgrade, you could've restored the files should there be any data loss. However,
    if there are some missing files, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested above and check if you are able to retrieve the files.

Hope this helps.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion - Similar Threads - File Transfer Keeps

2. How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...: Is there a way to stop the disk decryption and encrypt the whole thing back? WITHOUT finishing the decryption Today's status: 64% decryption It takes too long, I didn't check beforehand how long it would take I would like to stop the process because it is taking too long and...
  3. How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...: Is there a way to stop the disk decryption and encrypt the whole thing back? WITHOUT finishing the decryption Today's status: 64% decryption It takes too long, I didn't check beforehand how long it would take I would like to stop the process because it is taking too long and...
  4. How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Transfer Files before Factory Reset - HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Files before Factory Reset - HELP: Long version (short version below): When I bought my Inspiron 15 5000 Series with a solid state (holds OS) and disk drive (1 TB of storage) I didn't realize that the default drive was the solid state one (I'm not computer savvy). So now I'm almost out of space and...
  6. Background Intelligent Transfer Service keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service keeps stopping: Hi all, I was wondering whether you could help. I am trying to diagnose an issue where Windows Update is not able to download and to install updates. I have narrowed the problem down to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service where it is currently in a Stopped status and...
  7. File transfers stop every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File transfers stop every 5 seconds: When I copy a file from my PC (typically the source is a 970 Pro 1TB), to an internal disk on my file server over my 10Gbit network it starts at 1.1GB/s then drops to zero, where it stays for 20-30 seconds, then goes back up to 1.10GB/s for 2-3 seconds, then drops to 0 again....
  8. Downloads keep failing before they have completed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads keep failing before they have completed: I have two computers running Windows 10 version 1909, both connected to the internet via the same router. On the laptop, downloads keep failing, but I do not have this problem on the desktop computer. I have had this problem on the laptop for a couple of days now. Before...
  9. Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete: I am running chkdsk P: /r on a new 8TB internal drive before putting it in service. I just noticed in the command prompt window, it seems to have stopped. The progress and ETA are not changing. I think it has been that way for at least 2 hours. I opened disk management,...
  10. Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete

in Windows 10 Support
    Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete: I am running chkdsk P: /r on a new 8TB internal drive before putting it in service. I just noticed in the command prompt window, it seems to have stopped. The progress and ETA are not changing. I think it has been that way for at least 2 hours. I opened disk management,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file transfer keeps stopping