Windows 10: File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

Discus and support File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joel A. Seely, Aug 16, 2022.

1. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was connecting to a different USB 3.0 port on my computer directly, and the copying issue was gone. I was getting 40MB/s continuously.

:)

Joel A. Seely, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Lucylast Win User

FIle transfer large number of files

I have windows 7, On a AMD fx 8350, with 8 gig of memory.

My problem is that I have to transfer files in large numbers on a frequent basis, as in two or three times daily. These are graphic files and sometimes large. Usually more than 20,000 in number upwards.

The file transfer is abysmal and seems to be getting worse.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed it up, either a fix or a program, or anything? I feel like Im back on windows3.1

Lucylast, Aug 16, 2022
  3. DSF
    dsf Win User
    Best way to send large files?

Binfer is a great option to send large files directly from computer to computer, without uploading to a server. You can send hundreds of files of any size with a simple drag and drop. Binfer will manage the transfers with auto resumes, encryption, notifications etc.

4. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

File transfer of large files suddenly stops.

Recently I have been transferring lots of large video files, and early in the transfer the speed suddnely drops from 36 mb/s to 0 byts/s. I can't cancel the transfer either because the buttons go grey when I click the x to close it. I am transferring
    from a 4 tb external drive to a 5 tb external drive through a usb 3.0 and usb-c pcie mini card.

Thanks for any help.

charliemarshall1, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

1. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops - Similar Threads - File transfer large

2. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  3. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  4. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  6. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  7. Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops: Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 Below is what I've already tried Using Windows UpdateUpdating all the programs in the Microsoft StoreUpdating my driversRunning netcut (to prevent others on...
  8. large file

large file: somehow just lost 1.65 gb on the 21/10/2020 at same time had a windows 20h2 10 feature update is that possibe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-file/f04484c4-d159-4f14-876f-839bf99ba66a
  9. Speeding up deletes of large groups of files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speeding up deletes of large groups of files?: Recently I upgraded my HP h8-1070t (i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM) by replacing the conventional hard disks with a pair of Samsung 860 Evo 2-TB SSD's, configured as C: and D:. In the process I also did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. Today I noticed that the D: disk was at...
  10. File Too Large – The file is too large for the destination file system

in Windows 10 News
    File Too Large – The file is too large for the destination file system: [ATTACH] This post will help you if you cannot copy large files over 4GB to USB flash drive or SD card, and you receive a message – File Too Large, The file is too large for the destination file system message [...] This post File Too Large – The file is too large for the...