Windows 10: File transfer on win 10 throttling - Should not be this difficult

Discus and support File transfer on win 10 throttling - Should not be this difficult in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are all keenly aware of the retarded way MS limits our ability to copy files on our network. I have had the issue between my win7 pcs and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blumamba, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Blumamba Win User

File transfer on win 10 throttling - Should not be this difficult

We are all keenly aware of the retarded way MS limits our ability to copy files on our network. I have had the issue between my win7 pcs and I eventually found the correct "fix". That has been a long while ago. Last week I did a clean install on my home server of win 10 pro and all went well. No issues with internet downloads, turned on or off unwanted features, updates to system and drivers etc. Then it was time to copy my data back to my 1st raid drive. To my surprise I was limited to 10mbs! Then I remembered MS thinks everyone is a pirate and purposely throttles copying any type of video file. I can copy almost anything else at full speed but not video. Anyway googled it and did most of the same things I did in win7. The throttling, auto tuning, rdc, netish, bits, large send off, bla bla bla. None of that crap works. MS overides all of it regardless of what you want.

So I continued to look as I was getting about 110mbs with win7. Win10 boosted it to 118mbs over the network (over 200 on usb) until it hits 14% to which it drops to 0, 5, 10mbs and even KBS! (has nothing to do with my hdds, lan, nic, antivirus as the only thing that has changed is the os) I finally found a single article that had the correct answer, to which I cant find to save my butt now. For the record I was transferring files between pc win10 to pc win7 (before clean install of win10 on second pc) at full speed after I found the correct fix.

On the first pc to be upgraded after all the other crap (indexing, win search etc) was turned off etc (again that crap doesn't work) and second pc still running win7 found the settings that MS totally changed the wording and percentages in win 10. They were the complete opposite in win 7 and the wording clearly indicated they were trying to confuse the user, and it does. It clearly stated that if not configured it would default to 80% leaving the actual bandwidth to use at 20% where as in win7 it stated 20% leaving 80% to use! Upon changing the 80% to 0 and restarting bam! Full copy speed over network, and usb! It was the one single setting and has not gone down since.

Now I finally did the clean install on the last win7 pc, I now have the same issue. I have been on 4-5 hrs of sleep for 8 weeks now so i forgot about that setting and where it was at before wasting my time on all those other "fixes" that don't work. I did all the same crap plus more (disabling enabling bits) and still have the same issue on this one. Again, the first pc is still transferring at full speed (118mbs). I am so mad its not funny!

Where are the settings I am describing. I thought it was under group policy but that isn't where it was at unless I missed it. It had descriptions and was not in the registry and this is driving me up a wall because I knew I should have written it down but I am so tired mistakes are happening that shouldn't.

Thanks,

:)

Blumamba, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jul 17, 2018
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Jul 17, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. File transfer on win 10 throttling - Should not be this difficult - Similar Threads - File transfer throttling

2. Transfer a Win 10 HDD into a Win 11 system purely for the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a Win 10 HDD into a Win 11 system purely for the files: I have a new Windows 11 system and an old Windows 10 system. I want to take the Windows 10 hard drive and put it in the Windows 11 system. as there is a lot of files and programs. Can I do this? Will the Windows 10 HDD have any effect on Windows 11...
  3. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  4. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  5. Win 10 License transfer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 License transfer.: I have just built a new PC from scratch and would like to transfer the license from the old to new. It was a Win 10 Pro upgraded from a purchased copy of win8 not OEM. It is activated with a digital license linked to my account. I will . not use the old PC afterwards. Have...
  6. Win 10 transfering

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 transfering: So my problem is: I got a computer from a friend, which didn't had a Microsoft acc. and it died not long ago so how can I transfer the win 10, it says the license key is invalid, but I know it is purchased, and i have a photo about the digital key the email got deletedand...
  7. Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop: Hi all, Can someone tell me how to transfer PROGRAMS, files and settings from my old windows 10 laptop to my new windows 10 laptop? I want to transfer the programs also, not just the file and settings. Also, both systems are 32 bit. Thanks John...
  8. Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10: I regularly backed up Windows 7, but when I tried to restore those files to Windows 10 I failed. The message is: "\\?\Volume{fe3e2aCa-afca-11e9-8293-00d8613863cd}\ADO-PC\Backup Set 2019-06-03-180002\Backup files 1931p" There are of course several backup sets but...
  9. Win 10 License transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 License transfer: My old computer with win 10 pro got fried so had to buy a new one. The new one only has win 10 home edition but crashed system had pro how can I transfer my pro license to the new computer as I can no longer access the old system in order to deactivate the product on the old...
  10. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult: transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/transfer-speeds-copying-files-extremely-difficult/aa059424-ac32-4844-954c-3c4b07cdc991