Windows 10: File transfer sequential order

Discus and support File transfer sequential order in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have many large running actions of file transfers, is it possible to switch these to complete sequentially? Rather than all of them completing at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prrawn, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Prrawn Win User

File transfer sequential order

I have many large running actions of file transfers, is it possible to switch these to complete sequentially? Rather than all of them completing at the same time which slows down each individual action.

:)

Prrawn, Aug 24, 2020
  2. JSYeager Win User

Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc (1) and two named abc (2) and this will go on for many file names. I have tried setting a start number...still happens. I cannot find a solution.

JSYeager, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Aug 24, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. File transfer sequential order - Similar Threads - File transfer sequential

2. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?: Hi,I have multiple files in a folder, and I want to add a sequential prefix to all the files using power shell.For example:random name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfChange to:C3.1 random name file.pdfC3.2 random name...
  3. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?: Hi,I have multiple files in a folder, and I want to add a sequential prefix to all the files using power shell.For example:random name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfChange to:C3.1 random name file.pdfC3.2 random name...
  4. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples: I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc 1 and two named abc 2 and this will go on for many file names. I have tried setting a start number...still happens. I cannot find a solution....
  6. how to number files sequentially in file explore ?

how to number files sequentially in file explore ?: how to number files sequentially in file explore ? I open my flash drive with 700 songs in it. How do I number the songs in sequence in file explorer ?...
  7. Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order

Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order: This may be a dumb question but how do i get all my pictures to be in alphabetic order again after the new update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-transfers-are-not-in-alphabetic-order/ebfa7115-80b4-4f08-aaac-ca1c45929889"
  8. Sequential data transfer

Sequential data transfer: I have 3 separate external HDD connected to my PC that I use to back up photos. Each drive is just a replicant of the other. Once I load photos onto the PC, I copy to the 1st drive, then the 2nd, etc. Is there a way to program Windows 10 to automatically copy the same content...
  9. Multiple sequential BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple sequential BSODs: Only recently I started having this problem. I know basic computers so if you want something extra just give me a guide or something. Anyways, sometimes when I launch a game my computer bluescreens. It gives me the DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. Then it doesn't reboot even...
  10. Using Batch files to perform sequential tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Batch files to perform sequential tasks: Hi, I think I used to do this all the time but that was a long time ago. I want to open a Wordperfect (WP) document then run an executable program, the WP file opens fine but the executable won't run until I close the WP file. Any clues? Regards, Jim 57282