Windows 10: File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?

Discus and support File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Bascially my girlfriend and I have win10 PC's and have never had any big issues with Windows ever. We recently moved house and I just setup the PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ghostdogz, Jul 13, 2020.

1. File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?

Bascially my girlfriend and I have win10 PC's and have never had any big issues with Windows ever. We recently moved house and I just setup the PC's again. I have not changed any settings on any of the PC's, but when ever we try to tranfer files between HDD's, SSD's or even network storage, it caps out to under 10MB/s.

I have been trying most solutions online without success. Some of these include - Disabling Windows Auto-Tuning and turning off RDC (Remote Differential Compression).

I am thinking it might have something to do with an auto update.

I also reset windows on my PC though the cloud (Fresh Windows install).

An example is when I transfer from my C drive which is an SSD, to a HDD on the same PC. It gets capped around 6MB/s. It doesnt matter what combination of hard drives I try, they all are very slow. It is basically the same with my girlfriends PC.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am truly stuck.

submitted by /u/Ghostdogz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ghostdogz, Jul 13, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Flash Win User
    Transfer speeds between internal HDD slow

I currently have a Seagate 500GB and a Western Digital Black 640GB.

I am running Windows 7, and have AHCI enabled (so it runs on SATA).

However, when I transfer files between HDD's I get low speeds, averaging 40MB/s. Even with SATA 1 I should be getting about ~150MB/s right?

And it's not only transfer between these 2 HDD's. If I make a copy and move the file on the same HDD, I also get similiar speeds. I've had this slow transfer since as far as I can remember.

My mobo is a GA-P35-DS3R if that matters

Flash, Jul 13, 2020
  4. msjs91011 Win User

File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?

msjs91011, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?

1. File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue? - Similar Threads - File transfer speed

2. Can I transfer game to another pc via hdd with same account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I transfer game to another pc via hdd with same account?: Hello,My home internet speed is werry slow and my dad's work inrernet is werry fast so can he login into my account and download game and then transfer it on my pc via hdd on same microsoft account?...
  3. Can I transfer game to another pc via hdd with same account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer game to another pc via hdd with same account?: Hello,My home internet speed is werry slow and my dad's work inrernet is werry fast so can he login into my account and download game and then transfer it on my pc via hdd on same microsoft account?...
  4. Can I transfer game to another pc via hdd with same account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Minecraft to another PC on the same account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Minecraft to another PC on the same account: Good day If i have minecraft windows 10 edition on my pc would i be able to use the same license to download a copy of minecraft on a macbook? Just like, a person who have already purchased java edition can freely get the windows 10 edition, so the license for Windows...
  6. Capped at 100MB/s file transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Capped at 100MB/s file transfer: Whenever I try to transfer files from drive to drive I can only hit 100MB/s at most . When i transfer from one SSD to another SSD the speed drops from 300MB/s (advertised speed on box) to just a slight 100MB/s . Seems a capped speed or something. What could be my issue for...
  7. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  8. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  9. files not showing after file transfer on a hdd on one pc but files show on another pc

files not showing after file transfer on a hdd on one pc but files show on another pc: i copy files (games, movies, picture) from my pc to my backup internal hdd, but when i connect the hdd to another pc, the files that i copy is not showing, and when i put it back to my pc the files that i copy is there, how to solve this? windows 10 64bit...
  10. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...