Windows 10: File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

Discus and support File Transfer Speed Extremely Low in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Illuminati Izzy, Jan 30, 2017.

1. File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes, however, it wildly fluctuates all over the place - from 4KB/s to 50MB/s. How can I fix this? Thanks.

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Jan 30, 2017

2. backup

I don't quite understand this fixation to Bluetooth. It's an ancient technology with extremely low data transfer speeds File Transfer Speed Extremely Low :(

Anyway, apps can only be obtained by two methods. Directly from the store. Or, through the XAP file on your SD card.

Jay_answers, Jan 30, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    Nokia 701 & NFC

No is the short answer. NFC is a low speed connection with simple setup. In phones, it is mainly used to simplify initial bluetooth connection without the usual pairing rigmarole. It does have other functions but not for file transfer.

CJLim, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

Antivirus can cause it scanning on read and write use built in robocopy it's very fast

Samuria, Jan 30, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Suggest you do the following:
    1. Post a meaningful screenshot of your task manager and resource manager while the copy is in progress.
    2. Post a screenshot of your task manager when your PC is nominally idle.
    3. Try the copy operation in Safe Mode. Is there any difference in speed?
    4. Post screenshot of
    a. Crystal Diskinfo (free)
    b. Crystal Diskmark (free) - it will take a few mins for the numbers to be displayed.

Finally, please make sure your System specs are up to date (see mine for comparison).

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

1. File Transfer Speed Extremely Low - Similar Threads - File Transfer Speed

2. Win 11 Low transfer speed + tranfer speed and diagram not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Low transfer speed + tranfer speed and diagram not showing: Hello everybody, I have been experiencing low transfer speeds between my laptop and my external hdd, which is usb 3. My problem was that when I tried to copy a folder, when windows were copying small files the speed was droping into bytes territory and then it would go up to...
  3. Win 11 Low transfer speed + tranfer speed and diagram not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Low transfer speed + tranfer speed and diagram not showing: Hello everybody, I have been experiencing low transfer speeds between my laptop and my external hdd, which is usb 3. My problem was that when I tried to copy a folder, when windows were copying small files the speed was droping into bytes territory and then it would go up to...
  4. Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely low SSD speeds being hogged by "system" in TskMgr: my boot times into windows have not changed, however once i open windows, my pc becomes extrmeley slow. when i check task manager, it says 50% disk usage one of my ssd is empty, so is essentially 100% but is around 1 or 2 mbs. This happened after i was running a...
  5. LAN Upload speed suddenly extremly low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN Upload speed suddenly extremly low: Hi All, My upload speed suddenly seems to be limited to 355KB/s wich by the way seems to be some magic number, if you google it, it get's mentioned in many speed related issues I first noticed it while uploading a file to a NAS I'm working on. Yesterday it uploaded at...
  6. Extremely low download speed on Wifi only

Extremely low download speed on Wifi only: Since March I have had an issue with the internet speed on my HP Laptop. When I run a speed test on the WiFi the download is 0.55 and the upload is 10.6. When I plug the laptop in with the Ethernet cable the download is over 100 and the upload is 12. I have read many others...
  7. Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds: Hello All, Not sure if this is the place for this or not. I recently upgraded from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows 10 Pro due to whs being limited to 8gb of RAM and causing some other issues. I am seeing EXTREMELY slow transfer speeds across my network since my upgrade...
  8. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult: transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/transfer-speeds-copying-files-extremely-difficult/aa059424-ac32-4844-954c-3c4b07cdc991
  9. Extremely low network speed problem

Extremely low network speed problem: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My Internet speed is very low. I've had a very reliable and knowledgeable COX cable senior technician to my home for almost two full days. The signal coming into my home is a little over 100 Mbps. However, only three feet from the router, it drops...
  10. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...