Windows 10: File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on?

Discus and support File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pollo_Jack [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pollo_Jack, Apr 14, 2021.

1. File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on?

/u/Pollo_Jack, Apr 14, 2021
  2. nvrs Win User

Disk Click and Activity Spikes

Upgraded to win10 from win7 64.

I now get audible disk clicks from my RAID 1 Samsung F3s. These correspond with 100% disk usage spikes visible in task manager.

I'm getting ~ 200 ms frame freezes in CS:GO every few minutes. Which for an FPS is terrible. Also, disk clicks tend to happen whenever I'm doing anything "new." But also at completely random times.

This NEVER happened in win7.

I have an additional Samsung F3 that acts as a backup for my SSD boot drive.

Was getting random spikes of activity on that too. There should have been no reason for this activity since my boot backup drive should be idle at all times except when doing a backup. Formatted the backup drive and turned off backups, and the random clicks
    and spikes still occur on it.

This rules out disk health being suspect as I very much doubt that my ALL my F3's are going bad at the same time.

16GB of RAM so it's not like I'm low on that.

Other details: Asrock pro3. intel i5 4570. Asus gtx750ti.

I have a silent build. Given the extremely annoying, audible, and new disk clicking, it looks like I'll have to go back to windows 7 unless this is resolved.

Anyone got any ideas?

3. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Apr 14, 2021
  4. File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on?

Windows 10 disk keeps spiking to 100%

Hi,

My disk keeps spiking to 100% since I upgraded to Windows 10. I upgraded in September and the problem started with little infrequent spikes where the disk would stay at 100% for a few seconds. However since September the problem has got progressively worse
    and now the disk usage frequently reaches 100% and it stays at 100% for about 5 minutes.

I've tried various solutions on the internet to 100% disk but none of them have worked.

RyanMounce, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on?

1. File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on? - Similar Threads - File transfer spikes

2. 100 Percent disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Percent disk usage spikes: Hello. My computer is slow and sluggish and the disk usage keeps spiking to 100 percent when I do anything. I have researched a lot and none of the solutions work for me I have had this problem in windows 10 too and thought the update to 11 would fix it but it did not. It...
  3. 100 Percent disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 Percent disk usage spikes: Hello. My computer is slow and sluggish and the disk usage keeps spiking to 100 percent when I do anything. I have researched a lot and none of the solutions work for me I have had this problem in windows 10 too and thought the update to 11 would fix it but it did not. It...
  4. Windows update spikes disk usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update spikes disk usage: Windows update spikes my disk usage to 100% and the disk usage remains between 60-100% every time I update my windows. Is this an issue or it's just normal?...
  5. Very frequent disk usage spikes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very frequent disk usage spikes.: I am having frequent disk spike... recently performed a reset on windows 10... performance very sluggish even though enough ram and cpu... In screenshot it is actually less but sometimes i feel like breaking my laptop[ATTACH]...
  6. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  7. 100 disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 disk usage spikes: So I've these problems with disk usage rising to 100% for 5-20 seconds every few minutes or so. Mind you this hard drive has run Windows 10 since February 2018 and I started having this problem in July 2019, so for almost two years Windows 10 has been smooth as butter. I can...
  8. Disk Usage Spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage Spikes to 100%: Hi, I have an ASUS Laptop here with the following specs: Intel Optane 1TB HDD Intel Core i5 8300H at 2.7Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I have reinstalled windows from a USB after backing up my files off the...
  9. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...
  10. Disk Spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Spikes to 100%: Hi! since not too long, it takes 5 minutes to my pc's disk to go back to low percents. It takes around 5 minutes when I start the PC to go back low and sometimes it spikes back up to 100%. The program i see the most going up is System and Compressed memory. I...