Windows 10: File Transfer Success, All Files Missing

Discus and support File Transfer Success, All Files Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've got an odd question, though not sure how to word it so please bear with my rambling of the "issue". I backed up data from a user directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheNexusElement, Mar 18, 2020.

1. File Transfer Success, All Files Missing

So I've got an odd question, though not sure how to word it so please bear with my rambling of the "issue".

I backed up data from a user directory (robocopy, /copyall) and it worked wonders. After instillation of Windows 10 I attempted to transfer the files back to the HDD. The transfer was from an external HDD (Backup Drive) to the Win 10 HDD through a Sata/IDE connection. The restoration of data from backup to the Win 10 HDD was using Windows 7 (may be irrelevant). After 2 attempts the transferred data was confirmed (via Win7) on the HDD but whenever the drive was booted from all the data was missing; as in the data was free space, and appeared not to have even transferred. The third attempt I directly connected the backup to the Win 10 PC (Live at this point) and simply drag and dropped. This worked no issues.

So with all that said, what would have caused the lack of data transfer after the drive was disconnected? (Almost like it was write protected..)

Not too important but I'd love to understand where I made a mistake;
    Thanks in advance for your time and help!

:)

TheNexusElement, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 18, 2020
  3. File transfer

Hi Paul,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Files are automatically transferred to the new operating system when you upgrade therefore, you need not transfer anything. If you created a backup before you initiated the upgrade, you could've restored the files should there be any data loss. However,
    if there are some missing files, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested above and check if you are able to retrieve the files.

Hope this helps.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 18, 2020
  4. everest Win User

File Transfer Success, All Files Missing

Remote File transfer ?

A simple solution is RAVE from www.randmsoft.com. I use it to transfer files and put files onto my home PC when I'm in a remote location. I also launch batch files (totally into media centre!). The program has various functionality and is quick to respond. It works on Windows OS.

everest, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

File Transfer Success, All Files Missing

1. File Transfer Success, All Files Missing - Similar Threads - File Transfer Success

2. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Files Missing: Signed on and all my files are completely gone. Everything. I can't run even run virus scan. Apparently WINDOWS created a Special profile for me . How can I get all my files back?...
  3. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Files Missing: Signed on and all my files are completely gone. Everything. I can't run even run virus scan. Apparently WINDOWS created a Special profile for me . How can I get all my files back?...
  4. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive: Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my...
  6. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive: Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my...
  7. All my files are missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are missing.: One day after sleep, I came onto my laptop, and all my files were gone. I don't know what happened. Can anyone help? I cant find the right solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing/65a00966-7635-45f4-a31f-1a3fc840fa52
  8. all of my files are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all of my files are missing: a few days ago, i turned on my laptop to find that all of my files are missing. turns out i was logged in into a temporary account. the 1st and 2nd time i restart my laptop, the files are still there but it kept reset settings after reboot. after the third restart, all of my...
  9. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING: Hi, Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where available. But when opening these folders I noticed only a few subfolders were left and each time with no files in them. I' ve...
  10. All my Files are Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my Files are Missing: Today 17/04/2020 all my word and excel files are missing on my laptop. Can you help? They have just disappeared! How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing/7c394db9-a37a-41b3-8aaf-fba7774d77b9