Windows 10: File transfer to another folder

Discus and support File transfer to another folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you send a file in user downloads to a folder in Computer Hard Disc Drives OS C:?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BKendrickW, Mar 16, 2020.

1. File transfer to another folder

How do you send a file in user downloads to a folder in Computer Hard Disc Drives OS C:?

:)

BKendrickW, Mar 16, 2020

2. Transferring files to another folder. Speed issue.

I run a 500GB WD Velociraptor as my C drive and I have a standard 7200rpm 500GB HDD as my storage (D drive). I'm only getting about 15mb/s right now transferring files/folders to another folder or transferring from C drive to D. Why is the WD HDD so slow? Am I missing something? *Confused File transfer to another folder :confused:

Go To Sleep, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Transferring files to another folder. Speed issue.

There's various reasons, the more files, the slower the transfer as each has to be initiated and completed, so if you had a few large ISO's or ZIP files, that would go faster. Many files and folders will slow down.

There's chipset limitations, hard drive limitations, OS limitations, other hardware limitations that can slow you down. Though 15MB/s seems kinda slow depending on the file(s) being transferred. Mine usually jumps around but averages in the 80MB/s-range between drives on the same system or on my home network. Though I prefer to do large single-file transfers as they are much faster in my experience.

Kursah, Mar 16, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

File transfer to another folder

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

File transfer to another folder

1. File transfer to another folder - Similar Threads - File transfer another

2. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer files to another onedrive: I am trying to clean up a one drive because there are more then 60,000 files on it its a company wide onedrive and it is causing issues for our power automate system. How can I remove those files without breaking a shared link that they all have? Is that even possible?...
  3. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer files to another onedrive: I am trying to clean up a one drive because there are more then 60,000 files on it its a company wide onedrive and it is causing issues for our power automate system. How can I remove those files without breaking a shared link that they all have? Is that even possible?...
  4. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  6. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  7. File transferring to another hard disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transferring to another hard disk: So I was downloading a game from the Epic Games store and I wouldnt let me download because the disk it was in didnt have enough space. I need help because I dont know how to transfer it because its like embedded there. I also accidentally deleted a hard disk, but it didnt...
  8. How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.: Hello! I am going to log out of the microsoft account I am on right now and I am going to log into another account, I wanted to know how to send all my files and folders and apps to my other account. I have seen many people ask how to do this but all the questions and replies...
  9. Transfering photos from a zipped folder to another folder

Transfering photos from a zipped folder to another folder: Sorry, I'm not that smart when it comes to technology. I'm trying to transfer photos that were originally downloaded from iCloud into a compressed folder via cut and paste. The pop up that comes up continues to say "Moving items from iCloud photos to new folder" but nothing...
  10. I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another: Heya, I am unable to place one file into another folder because I dont have permission to do so, I have changed the owner ship of my C and D drive to myself, and everything in it, But by doing so I am still unable to move the file from one folder into the other, and...