Windows 10: File Transfer via Bluetooth Failing

Discus and support File Transfer via Bluetooth Failing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I could use some help resolving a Bluetooth connectivity issue between my Windows 10 Pro laptop and iPhone (7 and 8) • Laptop is Dell Inspirion 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fwshaw, Oct 14, 2019.

1. fwshaw Win User

File Transfer via Bluetooth Failing

I could use some help resolving a Bluetooth connectivity issue between my Windows 10 Pro laptop and iPhone (7 and 8)

• Laptop is Dell Inspirion 15 5559
    • Win OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 1903
    • iPhone OS is iOS 13.1.2 (iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 same iOS and same problem)

The pairing and connecting process with the laptop and iPhone work normally; both devices indicates a Bluetooth connection exist.

When the "Send or receive files via Bluetooth" the process is initiated all seems normal but then the process stops with the message "Bluetooth file transfer not completed." This for both send and receive requests. Help would be appreciated as I've been researching as solution for a couple of days.

Thanks
    FWS

PS: The irony is my 10 year old Motorola flip phone's Bluetooth process work normally and reliably with this laptop.

:)

fwshaw, Oct 14, 2019

2. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    1. Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    2. At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    3. At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    4. The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    5. The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Bluetooth File Transfer not responding

Hi there, I am able to receive files to my PC using my PC's Bluetooth application, but experience issues when trying to transfer a file from my PC to my mobile device.

These are the steps I take:

• Activate Bluetooth on mobile device (Windows Bluetooth already active)
    • Open Send a File option
    • Window opens where you have the option to "Select where to send your files"
    • Select relevant mobile device from the list and click Next

This is where I get stuck. It stays on this window and all that happens is, the list of devices disappear and not long after this the window says "Not Responding"

Nothing ever happens from there, so I just open up Task Manager and End the application.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks,

marikaburger, Oct 14, 2019
  4. MandyShaw Win User

bluetooth file transfer

My response was to the post by user LIRP, who I perceived, rightly or wrongly, as needing a solution to his/her file transfer problem.

I know the current bluetooth situation is not great, but this forum is aimed (as its name suggests) at providing solutions to people's problems - sometimes, given, as you say, the holes in what Microsoft has provided, these have to be workarounds. I could
    have a rant every time I post such a workaround, but it doesn't seem worth the typing, given that missing functionality needs to be raised on the WP uservoice forum if anyone from Microsoft is going to read it, or so we are told. The bluetooth file transfer
    thread is currently very near the top of the votes list - anyone reading this thread who hasn't already done so can make their voice heard at http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...tions/1549711-support-bluetooth-file-transfer.

MandyShaw, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. File Transfer via Bluetooth Failing - Similar Threads - File Transfer via

2. Photos transferred via Bluetooth saved in Oblivion.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos transferred via Bluetooth saved in Oblivion.: Since for some reason I am no longer able to connect my Android phone to my Windows 10 laptop any more it charges but no longer offers file transfer option even under Developer Mode/USB debugging, I needed to use the much slower Bluetooth transfer mode.I transferred the files...
  3. Photos transferred via Bluetooth saved in Oblivion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos transferred via Bluetooth saved in Oblivion.: Since for some reason I am no longer able to connect my Android phone to my Windows 10 laptop any more it charges but no longer offers file transfer option even under Developer Mode/USB debugging, I needed to use the much slower Bluetooth transfer mode.I transferred the files...
  4. Photos transferred via Bluetooth saved in Oblivion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bluetooth file transfer

bluetooth file transfer: How do I change where Windows 10 stores Bluetooth file transfers?Currently they go to: "C:\Users\[user ID]\AppData\Local\Temp" even though I have changed all of the settings I can find to save files to D: in the Change where new content is saved setting menuAnd PLEASE don't...
  6. Bluetooth file transfer failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth file transfer failed: [IMG] ………… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-file-transfer-failed/0a0c6391-70e2-43b3-9d8c-c08c83a37f8e
  7. Recover files lost after a failed Bluetooth transfer?

Recover files lost after a failed Bluetooth transfer?: I just waited about 5 hours while 30-some files transferred from my phone to my Windows 10 PC, but when the last couple files didn't transfer for whatever reason, Windows 10 doesn't let me save the other files that it spent all day transferring, because I can't specify a...
  8. connecting win 10 to ubuntu 20.04 via bluetooth for file transfers

connecting win 10 to ubuntu 20.04 via bluetooth for file transfers: This is not a Linux question. I am trying to connect Ubuntu to win 10 via Bluetooth for file transfers. (Ubuntu says i can) everything in the setup worked fine till i got to connect. Ubuntu said check your other computer to see if xxx pin is displayed. on win 10 a dialog box...
  9. BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER

BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER: wHY CAN NOT SEND A FILE VIA BLUETOOTH TO PC WITH WIN 10 PRO ? WHAT SO PROFESSIONAL ABOUT IT IF CAN NOT DO ANYTHIN G WITH IT! JUST ANOTHER CASE OF WIN SUCK FACTOR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-file-transfer/d3ee9a96-7d2f-43dc-aedf-9b5d395b293e
  10. BLUETOOTH Win 10... sees Devices; but fails to Connect No Bluetooth File Transfer

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLUETOOTH Win 10... sees Devices; but fails to Connect No Bluetooth File Transfer: Devices and Bluetooth File transfer will not work Issue 1... I have been thru all the basics with a Dell tech many times and Network Card has been replaced, etc. I think the issue is a Network setting? I just got Wi-Fi Qualcomm Network card connected. Can't figure out...