Windows 10: File Transferring Pauses/Freezes

Discus and support File Transferring Pauses/Freezes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm moving a large file from an SSHDD to an SSD. It will either crawl at kbps speeds, go up to 50mbp and max out at 260 before coming to a screeching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, Mar 4, 2020.

1. File Transferring Pauses/Freezes

I'm moving a large file from an SSHDD to an SSD. It will either crawl at kbps speeds, go up to 50mbp and max out at 260 before coming to a screeching halt. I'll wait a few minutes and it will repeat the cycle. Also does this on smaller files too.

Ryzen 9 3900x
    32Gigs ram

The computer runs perfectly fine and explorer doesn't even crash.

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 4, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 4, 2020
  4. LonGun Win User

File Transferring Pauses/Freezes

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

File Transferring Pauses/Freezes

1. File Transferring Pauses/Freezes - Similar Threads - File Transferring Pauses

2. Freeze Or Pause My Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze Or Pause My Screen: Hello All!, So I was wondering if there is any possible way I can freeze or pause my screen for a few moments so I can trace an image on paper. Like putting my paper physically on my laptop screen and tracing it without the computer doing anything but just staying still while...
  3. Freeze Or Pause My Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze Or Pause My Screen: Hello All!, So I was wondering if there is any possible way I can freeze or pause my screen for a few moments so I can trace an image on paper. Like putting my paper physically on my laptop screen and tracing it without the computer doing anything but just staying still while...
  4. small pauses/freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    small pauses/freezes: im getting small pauses, lags like freezes every few seconds that last for a few seconds, its starting to make doing anything on my pc very hard, im not sure where to even start with this 170323
  5. File transfers pausing/freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transfers pausing/freezing: Whenever I transfer files from one drive to another, or to my network server, or even sometimes when I try to rename a file, the explorer pauses for an unusually long time. It's most noticeable when I transfer a batch of several large-ish files (300MB+/-) to my server. I have...
  6. Pause/Freeze time on windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pause/Freeze time on windows 10...: How to pause/freeze windows 10 time....for eg: I need the time and date to be frozen at August 15 12:00:00....The time should not move ...Is there any script or settings?...
  7. microsoft treasure hyunt pauses or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft treasure hyunt pauses or freezes: Treasure hunt has been freezing or pausing for up to 15 seconds lately. The mouse also pauses in that game but not in the Solitare games. It seems like the game is uploading each change in picture and each mouse action to the web and waiting for something before actioning...
  8. File transfer freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer freezes: Not for all files but some specific files when i tried to transfer from my leptop to my HDD for a certain interval of percentage that are transferes it stoped copying or the speed goes down to 0 bytes/s . Please help to get rid of this problem ....
  9. File transfer freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer freezing: Whenever I try to transfer large files between my PC and my network drive, Windows 10 file transfer window freezes and fails to connect to my network drive. I am experience the same thing when using robocopy. I have to remove my network drive from the map drives and re-add...
  10. some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes: Hi. I am currently trying to transfer files to my new 4tb WD external HD. Ran into a problem where some specific large mkv files transferring freezed. don't know what causes it. I did try to copy and paste the same file on the original location, same thing happened, so I know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file transfer windows 10 pauses