Windows 10: file tree

Discus and support file tree in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello While working with back-up there has been encountered a lot of stress. Is there any ways and means to find a simple basic explanation how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bmzrrq, Dec 14, 2020.

1. bmzrrq Win User

file tree

Hello

While working with back-up there has been encountered a lot of stress.

Is there any ways and means to find a simple basic explanation how windows does display the files in the Graphical User Interface .

Thank you.

:)

bmzrrq, Dec 14, 2020

2. TREE command function misses files

If you want to list the files as well, use tree /f in Powershell

MarcelKlocke, Dec 14, 2020
  3. TREE command function misses files

Yes cmd or Powershell, both should work. Did you try to use
    tree /f to list the files?

MarcelKlocke, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Sui446 Win User

file tree

TREE Command Missing Files

I read that another user (jfgraken) used the MS TREE command with /F option to obtain directory tree structure but he was missing two files.

For the last couple of days, I did something similar with one of my music library directories which contains over 32,000 files. However, when I tried to count the number of files (not directories), I was one file short. I used a combination of FINDSTR
    and FIND commands. Determined to find "missing" file, I created a file listing directories and files using DIR /B /S command. Within output from DIR, I discovered that the longest file name about 325 characters including full path with main file name at
    about 216 characters. I was surprised to find out that this file with long file name was indeed the missing file from TREE command output.

Question to jfgraken (if he/she is reading this): do your two missing file have long file names?

To MS Community: why to TREE command skip files with (extra) long filenames?

Sui446, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

file tree

1. file tree - Similar Threads - file tree

2. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: I deal with many discs, folders and programs simultaneously, so need to be able to see at a glance which and where I am in these diverse structures.1. It is not possible to see the full directory name in the title of the folder2. It is not possible to see the position of the...
  3. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: I deal with many discs, folders and programs simultaneously, so need to be able to see at a glance which and where I am in these diverse structures.1. It is not possible to see the full directory name in the title of the folder2. It is not possible to see the position of the...
  4. how do I merge an existing christmas tree file with an object/Hexagon for a base?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I merge an existing christmas tree file with an object/Hexagon for a base?: I'm Trying to merge a very detailed christmas tree that I found to be prone to falling over with one of the objects ie. the Hexagon what am I doing wrong, because it doesn't seem to merge....
  5. how do I merge an existing christmas tree file with an object/Hexagon for a base?

how do I merge an existing christmas tree file with an object/Hexagon for a base?: I'm Trying to merge a very detailed christmas tree that I found to be prone to falling over with one of the objects ie. the Hexagon what am I doing wrong, because it doesn't seem to merge....
  6. how do I merge an existing christmas tree file with an object/Hexagon for a base?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  8. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  9. Windows 11 File Explorer collapses navigation tree after drag and drop. How can I stop that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer collapses navigation tree after drag and drop. How can I stop that?: When I drag a file from, for example, the download folder into a folder in the folder tree navigation pane, the tree collapses, so I have to re-navigate to get back to the destination or drag another file.Any way around this?Thanks,Dave...
  10. Windows 11 File Explorer collapses navigation tree after drag and drop. How can I stop that?

Windows 11 File Explorer collapses navigation tree after drag and drop. How can I stop that?: When I drag a file from, for example, the download folder into a folder in the folder tree navigation pane, the tree collapses, so I have to re-navigate to get back to the destination or drag another file.Any way around this?Thanks,Dave...