Windows 10: File Type extension Problem

Discus and support File Type extension Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My files ,videos, music are affected by an extension type called .47lful55V all files and cant open any of the files and cant use. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MercyXavier, Jul 14, 2020.

1. File Type extension Problem

My files ,videos, music are affected by an extension type called .47lful55V all files and cant open any of the files and cant use. I have tried several methods to fix this but none of them give hands please help me to fix this issue I cant us any apps files videos music other than windows standard apps. Help me to recover the extensions I used before. I am facing this issue after updating win 7 to win10.

:)

MercyXavier, Jul 14, 2020
  2. GTX
    GTX Win User

BIN extension file problem

ok thanks everybody for help and for trying to help *Smile File Type extension Problem :)
    i solved the problem... it was a simple deamon tools file just its not in the extension file
    sorry for opening a thread for this ...

3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 14, 2020
  4. File Type extension Problem

Windows 10 add or edit file type extension

the Win 10 computer is a HP4740 laptop

the other is a desktop asus

when trying to open from the email a window says file type not recognized yet the preview image shows in the email.

Once the images are saved to a folder the file type shows up in the file type list and the ._jpeg extension can be given an open with option.

thanks for the link have passed it onto the sender.

will probably solve the problem.

LindsayHolland, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

File Type extension Problem

1. File Type extension Problem - Similar Threads - File Type extension

2. Lost Extension/type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Extension/type: I lost my .jpg file extension on my computer. It does not show up in the file types. I cannot associate it with any applications/default programs because it does not show up in the list of file types. My jpg files are still there, but cannot be opened. Can I recover the .jpg...
  3. Why are not file type extensions shown as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are not file type extensions shown as default: Hi there This thing always irritates me beyond measure -- ever since I think Windows 98 after a Windows new install I always have to change the default in file explorer to show the file extensions of known types. Is there anybody on this forum who doesn't display the file...
  4. File extension is different than file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extension is different than file type: In windows explorer, I have a file extension .wb3 quattro pro 7 different than what the file type quattro pro 16, .qpw is and the file opens in the file type, quattro pro 16. I've tired changing in properties .wb3 which has the correct program listed first however, it has...
  5. File extension relation to file type

File extension relation to file type: How does Windows know that a .txt is a text file, or a .py is a python file? I made this file extension called .pmry, and want Windows to know it is a Hello file, but it says it's a PMRY file. How do I make Windows know it is a Hello file?...
  6. Sort and group files types by extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort and group files types by extension: Is there anyway to teach windows to group same type files, ie .jpg/.png and .avi/.mkv/.mp4 together? When I sort my media folder by type, i end up with .mp4 files being sandwiched between jpg and pngs Please dont tell me to make additional folders, I have my own reasons and...
  7. File Extension and file type

File Extension and file type: Recently I came to know the in some directories, all my file type and extension are changed to CAAVME File (.caavme). When I open, its not opening. There is a file in every directory with the name "CAAVME-DECRYPT" and it contents: ---= GANDCRAB V5.0.4 =---...
  8. Problem with file extensions

Problem with file extensions: Hi , A virus changed all of my file extensions in my windows ( internal hard , external hard , flash drives ) and add the extension( .etqfc ) to all files in my computer how can I delete these extensions with one command in command prompt or powershell ?...
  9. Hide extensions for known file types unchecked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide extensions for known file types unchecked: Hide extensions for known file types unchecked. I still can't see .exe extension all the others are ok. This just now happened; the .exe extensions where showing before... I must have changed something by mistake. Can anybody help me I get them back? Don Cole...
  10. - Problem with file extension - .html

in Windows 10 Support
    - Problem with file extension - .html: HELP *Sleepy I can´t seem to get any file with the .html exstension to open, I use Firefox and made sure in the file associations that it has this program as the default. BUT.. whenever I double click the files it gives me a message that there is no program associated with...