Windows 10: File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

Discus and support File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to associate the php file format with a text editor utility such as Sublime Text. When I attempt to "always open file type with Sublime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mandala, Nov 21, 2018.

1. mandala Win User

File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

I would like to associate the php file format with a text editor utility such as Sublime Text. When I attempt to "always open file type with Sublime Text" via the context menu in Windows Explorer, it does not work. When I open Settings > Default Apps > Choose Default Apps by file type, the php file format appears to be missing from the list - see screenshot. I expected it to be listed below the .php3 file type.

On a related note, I was also unable to associate the css and html file types with Sublime Text (or any other software) via Windows Explorer. I was able to work around this by using the FileTypesMan utility. However, the FileTypesMan utility is not able to associate php files either. Please advise. TIA.

:)

mandala, Nov 21, 2018

2. Can't set file association for php files

Using Windows 10, I want to set a file association for php files to a particular application, but when I do it is not stored.

Example 1: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Open with". I select the application I want to use and make sure that the "Always use this application to open .php files" is checked. The file opens with the selected application. When I
    close the file, the association with the desired application is lost.

Example 2: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Properties". Under "Opens with" I choose the application that I want to use to open the file type and press OK. Nothing happens, the association of the file with the application is not stored.

This happens on a laptop and a PC that have both been upgraded with new SSD drives and fresh, clean, installations of Windows 10.

David.Cheshire, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Globally setting default file type associations

Group policy would be the better way to go but I don't know if file associations are in there.

This is what my server has in that key:
    Code: [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Extensions] "ini"="notepad.exe ^.ini" "txt"="notepad.exe ^.txt" "wtx"="notepad.exe ^.wtx"[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Nov 21, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Setting File Associations - Another Step Backwards

This is working for me, but in settings (Insider 17107)

File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings [​IMG]

AndreTen, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings - Similar Threads - File Type php

2. Default file type association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default file type association: Hi! On Win 10 I want to change default file extension association to an exe file, but the system doesn't allow it. It happens with other extensions and programs too, but now specifically I wanted to associate the standalone version of flash player to .swf extension. It...
  3. Can't set file association for php files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set file association for php files: Using Windows 10, I want to set a file association for php files to a particular application, but when I do it is not stored. Example 1: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Open with". I select the application I want to use and make sure that the "Always...
  4. Cannot change file type associations in Windows 10

Cannot change file type associations in Windows 10: Last week (09/29/2018) I was screwing around trying to fix a driver issue I was having on my Windows 7 install, long story short I screwed something up and could no longer get the OS to load. So I figured hey if I have to reinstall Windows might as well install 10. So I wiped...
  5. Change file association button is missing for PDF files

Change file association button is missing for PDF files: I have a very strange behaviour in Windows 10 Pro. After the fresh build Change... file association button is missing for PDF files (see attached picture). [ATTACH] Changing the file association from settings or Adobe Reader application prompts for cues UAC and even if...
  6. Zoom Player File type associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoom Player File type associations: Ever since I've updated to the most recent version of windows all the Video files will no longer asscociate to the various file types withing the Zoom icon library. It seems just to asscociate all to one particular Icon which is the main Zoom player Icon. I've done a...
  7. Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan)

Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan): Please look at the following picture: [img] Most of the folders that I work with on a regular basis contain files like this. However, as you can see, I usually sort all of my files by "type" in Windows 10 File Explorer so that it's easier for me to separate my files....
  8. Set file association for .NEF files

Set file association for .NEF files: I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate...
  9. Set File Association with .reg File

Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...
  10. Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10: Not sure this is the right place for it (maybe another tutorial?), but here is another trick about default file-type associations. If you want to save your all your current associations to a file: dism /online /Export-DefaultAppAssociations:C:\PATH\TO\FILE.xml If you...