Windows 10: File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

Discus and support File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to associate the php file format with a text editor utility such as Sublime Text. When I attempt to "always open file type with Sublime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mandala, Nov 21, 2018.

1. mandala Win User

File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

I would like to associate the php file format with a text editor utility such as Sublime Text. When I attempt to "always open file type with Sublime Text" via the context menu in Windows Explorer, it does not work. When I open Settings > Default Apps > Choose Default Apps by file type, the php file format appears to be missing from the list - see screenshot. I expected it to be listed below the .php3 file type.

On a related note, I was also unable to associate the css and html file types with Sublime Text (or any other software) via Windows Explorer. I was able to work around this by using the FileTypesMan utility. However, the FileTypesMan utility is not able to associate php files either. Please advise. TIA.

:)

mandala, Nov 21, 2018

2. Can't set file association for php files

Using Windows 10, I want to set a file association for php files to a particular application, but when I do it is not stored.

Example 1: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Open with". I select the application I want to use and make sure that the "Always use this application to open .php files" is checked. The file opens with the selected application. When I
    close the file, the association with the desired application is lost.

Example 2: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Properties". Under "Opens with" I choose the application that I want to use to open the file type and press OK. Nothing happens, the association of the file with the application is not stored.

This happens on a laptop and a PC that have both been upgraded with new SSD drives and fresh, clean, installations of Windows 10.

David.Cheshire, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Globally setting default file type associations

Group policy would be the better way to go but I don't know if file associations are in there.

This is what my server has in that key:
    Code: [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Extensions] "ini"="notepad.exe ^.ini" "txt"="notepad.exe ^.txt" "wtx"="notepad.exe ^.wtx"[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Nov 21, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Setting File Associations - Another Step Backwards

This is working for me, but in settings (Insider 17107)

File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings [​IMG]

AndreTen, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings - Similar Threads - File Type php

2. File Type Associations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Type Associations: HELP!... Is it possible to Associate ALL file types a specific program can open without having to do it one at a time? As example Corel Paintshop Pro. How can you associate all files it can handle with one click? Use to be able to do it from the program itself but that no...
  3. File Type Associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Type Associations: HELP!... Is it possible to Associate ALL file types a specific program can open without having to do it one at a time? As example Corel Paintshop Pro. How can you associate all files it can handle with one click? Use to be able to do it from the program itself but that no...
  4. default file type association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default file type association: hi, I am using windows 10 home version 2004 on HP laptop. so, unfortunately I set the .srt file to open with ''notepad'' as default. but I want to revert this and to set it to unknown file type as it was before. so, how can I do this? restore previous version is greyed out....
  5. File type association

in Windows 10 Customization
    File type association: I accidentally assigned a .laz extension to be opened automatically with Adobe. When I try to go to the default settings to remove the association I only get the option of associating with another app. How can I remove this entirely or restore it back to were I get a prompt...
  6. Associating applications with file types

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Associating applications with file types: I have two applications that will open a particular file type- an older and a newer application. Files tend to open with the older, less useful application; to get the newer app with the better functionality I need to Right-click the file and select "Open With" from the...
  7. File type associated with App

File type associated with App: I recently installed Office 365 on my NB running Windows 10 Home. Upon successful installation, I uninstalled my Office 2007 from the NB. Nightmare occurred - I could not double click the selected file and open it with the App. Instead, I have to open the App first and...
  8. Default file type association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default file type association: Hi! On Win 10 I want to change default file extension association to an exe file, but the system doesn't allow it. It happens with other extensions and programs too, but now specifically I wanted to associate the standalone version of flash player to .swf extension. It...
  9. Can't set file association for php files

Can't set file association for php files: Using Windows 10, I want to set a file association for php files to a particular application, but when I do it is not stored. Example 1: In File Explorer I right click on the file and choose "Open with". I select the application I want to use and make sure that the "Always...
  10. Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan): Please look at the following picture: [img] Most of the folders that I work with on a regular basis contain files like this. However, as you can see, I usually sort all of my files by "type" in Windows 10 File Explorer so that it's easier for me to separate my files....