Windows 10: file type/registry error

Discus and support file type/registry error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to fix "exe" files so that I can download something on my pc. I believe I typed in the wrong information and now I can't even access registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarkLarky, Nov 22, 2018.

1. LarkLarky Win User

file type/registry error

I tried to fix "exe" files so that I can download something on my pc. I believe I typed in the wrong information and now I can't even access registry editor. Is there any way to fix this problem so that I may go back into registry editor and erase what I did wrong or set it back to how it was before I started messing with it?

:)

LarkLarky, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Nov 22, 2018
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Nov 22, 2018
  4. file type/registry error

Custom Registry Files

Techpowerup nor myself are in no way responsible for anything that may or may not go wrong with a users system if s/he decides to use these registry hacks. You are doing so at your own risk and agree to release me and or Techpowerup from fault that may occur. If a user decides to use these registry hacks, you must BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!

To backup your registry click Start>Run (or use windows search from the start menu) and type "Regedit" without quotes. Click on File>Export. Name the file whatever you wish and save it somewhere that is NOT on your Windows drive.

Contained inside the attached RAR file you will find 13 registry hacks. They are:

• Copy To - Adds Copy To to the right click context menu
    • Move To - Adds Move To to the right click context menu
    • Enable Balloon Notification - Self explanatory
    • Disable Balloon Notification - Self explanatory
    • Extended UI Hover Time - Despite its name it decreases the time it takes to preview a thumbnail
    • Instant Aero Peek - Self explanatory
    • Last Active Click - If you have multiple of the same program open, click the icon and it will bring to you your last open window of that program. Click again and you can cycle through.
    • Menu Show Delay - Decreases the time it takes for the start menu to appear
    • Move Kernel - Moves the Windows Kernel from the HDD to memory increasing system performance slightly.
    • Stop Snap - Disables the Windows 7 Snap feature (when you drag a window to the corner of the screen)
    • Stop Space Checking - Keeps Windows from constantly checking disk space
    • USB Write Protect - Disallows Windows to write to any USB device but will still allow the device to be read from.
    • Wait To Kill Service Timeout - Decreases the time it takes windows to wait for a program to fully close before shutting down.
    I have tested all but Move Kernel, Stop Space Checking, and USB Write Protect and they all work 100%. If you open up the registry file I provide, it will give you more information on where the key specifically is along with some information on what it does. Obviously the Aero Peek and Hover time hacks will not work on versions of Windows earlier than 7.

I got the Copy To and Move to from How To Geek and the rest I just Googled and turned into a registry file for convenience. Not sure how many of you guys will need this but i found some new registry hacks that Ill be using now while doing this so I thought I would share with the community. Make me good for something. *Roll Eyes file type/registry error :rolleyes:

If I come across more Ill edit this post and upload the new zip. Feel free as well to tell us any registry hacks you use and I could even add them to the list. *Smile file type/registry error :)

Enjoy!

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

file type/registry error

1. file type/registry error - Similar Threads - file type registry

2. Registry error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry error: Today, I was opening a photo on my pc, when I saw this:Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/5824fa5a-df87-48c7-bd9b-d8c28b204b83
  3. Registry error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry error: Today, I was opening a photo on my pc, when I saw this:Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/5824fa5a-df87-48c7-bd9b-d8c28b204b83
  4. Registry error for my .dll file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry error for my .dll file: I am trying to install capicom .dll for my digital signature but am getting error 0x80020009. The regsvr32 from command prompt is also not working. What should I do to resolve the problem...
  5. Registry: Adding a new file type to HKCR\SystemFileAssociations

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry: Adding a new file type to HKCR\SystemFileAssociations: I want to create a new context menu that is only visible on audio files. Doing this on an extension-by-extension basis is not a solution because I need the added context menu to be visible when selecting multiple different audio types (i.e. different extensions, such as...
  6. Registry error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry error: How to fix this error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/32b73af9-b786-4d3c-b3d5-547812297d5c"
  7. Registry file missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry file missing or contains errors: Unfortunately hits the keypad of Dell Laptop then it turns to Off. I tried several times to start, Heading with recovery blue screen comes with mentioned that " your pc/ device needs to be repaired." The Operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file...
  8. Registry files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry files: Can anyone explain how to remove these registry files in CCLEANER ? Application path issues which keep appearing each time I boot up even after removing them ! By right clicking on each file a menu opens allowing me to open Regedit where each one is listed. The question is...
  9. setting default icon to display for specific file types with registry

in Windows 10 Support
    setting default icon to display for specific file types with registry: Something in Windows 10 or another program has created an issue that I cannot find any way to fix. I tried the normal things for setting the default program. Both by using properties on the files as well as using the Windows Default App settings in every combination i can...
  10. Registry Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Files: Greetings, I would like to change the double click behaviour of .reg files in Windows 10, so that when I double click, the file opens for editing. When opening file and folder options, there is no longer a file type tab. Is there a registry hack or another settings...