Windows 10: File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding

Discus and support File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10, version 1909 (compilation: 18363.693) with Polish language interface. When I try to open File types tab in advanced indexing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MarSlu, Feb 29, 2020.

1. MarSlu Win User

File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding

Hi,
    I'm using Windows 10, version 1909 (compilation: 18363.693) with Polish language interface.
    When I try to open File types tab in advanced indexing options it doesn't respond, mouse pointer turns into spinning blue circle and nothing happens, the tab does not open.

File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding [​IMG]

After closing the window (using the close button) a message appears: COM Surrogate not responding.

After closing a message new one appears: The remote procedure call failed.

Finally after clicking OK button the main window of Indexing options closes.
    I tried to use the sfc /scannow tool that showed no errors and creating new user profile without result.
    I hope someone will help me.
    Regards

:)

MarSlu, Feb 29, 2020
  2. marsram Win User

file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

Hi,
    I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options,
    In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding
    Any help?

marsram, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Unable to display drive data

Hi Sachin,

I suggest that you rebuild the File indexing. Follow the below steps:

• Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button
    • Clicking Control Panel.
    • Type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.

• Click Advanced.

• In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab

• Click Rebuild.
    Check and let us if the steps helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Feb 29, 2020
  4. File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding

Indexing off and cannot get it back on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue. I would suggest that you return the settings back to
    Local System Account from This Account under
    Log on
    tab and perform the steps below.

• Rebuild the Windows Search Index and check. Refer to these steps. This can be used if you are able to go through the
      Indexing Options in Control Panel.
    • On the search bar type Indexing Options and click on it.
    • Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the
      Indexing Options window. This displays a new window titled Advanced Options.
    • Click the Index Settings tab if it isn’t selected already.
    • Click the Rebuild button to delete and rebuild the file index.
    • Click OK to confirm.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding

1. File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding - Similar Threads - File types tab

2. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  3. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  4. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable Advanced Search Indexing Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Advanced Search Indexing Options in Windows 10: Windows 10 lets you create and manage a Search Index to show search results quickly, irrespective of the keyword. However, if you want to prevent others from tweaking some of the Indexing Options, you can disable Advanced indexing options in Windows 10. No third-party app is...
  6. Advanced indexing

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced indexing: Is there anyway to disable all file types quickly, without individually selecting them? I only want to index executables. 174683
  7. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  8. Indexing options does not respond

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing options does not respond: I have just noticed my file search is not working. I've been through the usual processes until I reached the solution: rebuild windows search index. When I go control panel>indexing options, the window comes up it saying: <waiting to receive indexing status .... > and just...
  9. file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

in Windows 10 Support
    file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open: Hi, I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options, In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding Any help? 86164
  10. Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows How to Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how to...