Windows 10: File upload file manager does not remember what folder was opened last

Discus and support File upload file manager does not remember what folder was opened last in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out, but still can't. Can't believe something as simple as that is such a problem. Maybe I am missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by enc.nyc, Apr 2, 2020.

1. enc.nyc Win User

File upload file manager does not remember what folder was opened last

I've wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out, but still can't. Can't believe something as simple as that is such a problem. Maybe I am missing something?

I have to upload some pictures from a different folders on daily basis. When windows opens up a file upload dialogue it always defaults to either My Documents or to My PC folder.

Win10 does not remember a folder that was used few last times in Quick Access panel but never actually opens it on a default.

Few extra clicks for every upload is really a main reason for my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - my hand hurts because of this pointless clicking. For every upload I need to waste 2 extra clicks to get to a folder I need.

Anyway this can be set up this way so File Upload dialogue file explorer opens up a last used folder? I've checked all possible options like restore previous folder windows on logon but nothing helps.

Thanks.

:)

enc.nyc, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 2, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Apr 2, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. File upload file manager does not remember what folder was opened last - Similar Threads - File upload file

2. File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!: Since I had to have Windows 11 reinstalled, File Explorer no longer remembers to load up maximized on my Desktop. On my laptop, this isn't a problem, and both systems are running Windows 11 Home 23H2. Normally when I open a File Explorer window, if I maximize a window and...
  3. File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!: Since I had to have Windows 11 reinstalled, File Explorer no longer remembers to load up maximized on my Desktop. On my laptop, this isn't a problem, and both systems are running Windows 11 Home 23H2. Normally when I open a File Explorer window, if I maximize a window and...
  4. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?: At work, Windows 10 remembers the last folder I saved to, but at home it does not. This is very frustrating. Why is this? thanks,PS Quick Access does not suffice, I have significantly more that a dozen regular folders....
  5. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?: At work, Windows 10 remembers the last folder I saved to, but at home it does not. This is very frustrating. Why is this? thanks,PS Quick Access does not suffice, I have significantly more that a dozen regular folders....
  6. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

7. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  9. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

10. Save As Dialog Does Not Remember Last File Folder

Save As Dialog Does Not Remember Last File Folder: Since the most recent January and March 2021 Windows 10 Home updates, anytime I click Save As in any software program--including Microsoft Office Word/Excel/etc, Microsoft Word, Adobe--the last File Folder in which I saved a document is forgotten. This requires me to click...