Windows 10: File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync

Discus and support File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New laptop, new problem. I recently synced my OneDrive and noticed that in File Upload all of my subfolders are missing. The File Upload contents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 10, 2019.

1. File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync

New laptop, new problem. I recently synced my OneDrive and noticed that in File Upload all of my subfolders are missing. The File Upload contents differs from the one which appears when composing an email attachment from the File Upload which appears as I attempt to change my account photo in Firefox. Also, everything still has a double blue circular arrow as if they are still syncing, but in actuality they are not (its been days!) and my OneDrive indicates that I am "Up to Date" as well as all of my files are evident in my OneDrive account. I have tried to signout, close out, remove my account and sign back in, but the problem continues. Whaaaat is going on???

:)

geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 10, 2019

2. Onedrive uploads not happening - clocking but no upload

Hi Rohn,

The issue that you’ve encountered uploading your files to OneDrive may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    fix OneDrive sync problems. Once you’re on the
    page, you may expand and proceed with the steps in each option under the
    Fix sync issues with the new OneDrive personal sync client
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync

Files not syncing to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues not syncing properly with OneDrive.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix OneDrive sync problems
    and check if it works for you.

For more information, you can check the article to
    Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync

1. File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync - Similar Threads - File Upload missing

2. My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive: Onedrive Sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-on-sync-and-the-files-are-one-in/80578ffe-b47b-4470-a95b-a6d22a9e01bc
  3. My onedrive weren't uploaded 16 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My onedrive weren't uploaded 16 files: I not able to sync my folders It not able to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-werent-uploaded-16-files/fe76f1c8-599c-4101-b638-2fd71ce8eed5
  4. My onedrive weren't uploaded 16 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My onedrive weren't uploaded 16 files: I not able to sync my folders It not able to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-werent-uploaded-16-files/fe76f1c8-599c-4101-b638-2fd71ce8eed5
  5. OneDrive says my files are synced, but they are not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive says my files are synced, but they are not: OneDrive says "Your files are synced" however, I have made changes to multiple files which show in explorer with the sync pending arrows. So, the files are not synced. How can I force OneDrive to recheck the files?...
  6. OneDrive says my files are synced, but they are not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive says my files are synced, but they are not: OneDrive says "Your files are synced" however, I have made changes to multiple files which show in explorer with the sync pending arrows. So, the files are not synced. How can I force OneDrive to recheck the files?...
  7. OneDrive says my files are synced, but they are not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Syncing to OneDrive only some of My Documents subfolders

Syncing to OneDrive only some of My Documents subfolders: My question is very simple, perhaps it was posed somewhere else but I couldn't find an answer. 1 I can 'ban' OneDrive from syncing My Documents folder for good. 2 I can choose which folders from within My Documents I want to be synced. But is it possible to create backup...
  9. Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive: I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files...
  10. OneDrive automatically uploaded and moved my files!!

OneDrive automatically uploaded and moved my files!!: Hello, Im very nervous right now, I opened OneDrive on my PC just to see what its about. Then left my PC came back two hours later and all of the sudden my documents and music and pictures folders are up on the OneDrive cloud and removed from from my pc?! Or just moved to a...