Windows 10: File upload

Discus and support File upload in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I currently can't upload any files to any Drive, be it Google or Microsoft. It's not a browser issue as well. When i use Edge something popped up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DameeAn, Apr 6, 2020.

1. DameeAn Win User

File upload

I currently can't upload any files to any Drive, be it Google or Microsoft. It's not a browser issue as well.

When i use Edge something popped up in Task Manager.

"file picker ui host not responding"

Appreciate any help

:)

DameeAn, Apr 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Apr 6, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

File upload

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

File upload

1. File upload - Similar Threads - File upload

2. I purchased a new laptop and uploaded all of my personal files to discover that it did not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a new laptop and uploaded all of my personal files to discover that it did not...: I purchased a new laptop and uploaded all of my personal files to discover that it did not have an authentic windows 11 activation code - I requested to return it to the suplier but cannt find a way to remove all of my personal details as I dont have the activation code and...
  3. I purchased a new laptop and uploaded all of my personal files to discover that it did not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a new laptop and uploaded all of my personal files to discover that it did not...: I purchased a new laptop and uploaded all of my personal files to discover that it did not have an authentic windows 11 activation code - I requested to return it to the suplier but cannt find a way to remove all of my personal details as I dont have the activation code and...
  4. How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?: I'm attempting to upload a file to a website no brackets permitted. My saved file name doesn't contain any brackets but the upload failed. The rejection of the uploaded file showed the file name as including the file size in brackets after .pdf. Please can anyone assist as to...
  5. Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.: My Dell PC running Windows 10 has extremely slow file upload speed and will not operate properly with DropBox etc. Other computers on the home network are operating properly with the expected upload speed. I am running Norton 360 AV. I disabled Norton firewall and that did...
  6. Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.

Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.: My Dell PC running Windows 10 has extremely slow file upload speed and will not operate properly with DropBox etc. Other computers on the home network are operating properly with the expected upload speed. I am running Norton 360 AV. I disabled Norton firewall and that did...
  7. Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  9. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  10. Is it not illegal to upload my files to your onedrive server without ever asking me?

Is it not illegal to upload my files to your onedrive server without ever asking me?: Ive had al ot of issues with onedrive in the past refusing to disable itself and uploaded every file on my computer to your servers. I got it disabled now on my current computer, but it did upload everything already.I never once was asked during windows setup to opt into...