Windows 10: File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10

Discus and support File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had File History running successfully for many months but wanted to reduce versions to free space on my backup drive. I altered the history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricGillespie65, Mar 18, 2019.

1. File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10

I've had File History running successfully for many months but wanted to reduce versions to free space on my backup drive. I altered the history configuration, reducing retention from 1 year to 6 months last week and backups continued but I noticed that purging of versions older than 6 months had not occurred. Google led me to instructions for cleaning up files older than 6 months using the cleanup function from the Advanced screen of File History. After that completed, a file that I change daily is showing ZERO entries under the "previous versions" tab of Properties. Looking at the backup drive, I can find 6 months of version backups of the file - so cleanup to only 6 months age worked. But somehow, the interface to the "previous versions" tab display has been broken. :-( I turned FH off and then back on - then used the Backup Now, but still no versions show on the Previous Versions tab.

Does any one have any ideas on how to recover the previous versions tab information when there are in fact many backup versions present??

:)

EricGillespie65, Mar 18, 2019

2. Previous version tab missing?

Hey guys,

I'm an IT administrator and i'm frequently using the previous version option to restore files. I notice that the option(tab) is missing in Windows 10. It's there and working on a Windows 7 machine. Is this tab been moved elsewhere?

Thanks

Rubydragon, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10

Delete Previous version of Windows

Hi ewisgrell, to delete previous versions of Windows, run Disk Cleanup as shown below

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10

1. File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File versions present

2. Restoring previous versions of a TIFF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring previous versions of a TIFF file: Hello, Not sure if I should be asking about it here, sorry. I was working on my TIFF file in Photoshop CS5.1, when my computer shut down completely. It turned back on and I checked on the file, but it now says it's unable to be opened, not by Windows, nor by Photoshop or...
  3. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...
  4. file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...: I just wanted to use previous versions because I'm missing some edits. Looking into "previous versions" for the matching file I can see the earliest bacup being 12/21/2018 (today is 1/7/2019). "Backup options" shows me that backup is set for "every hour". backup folders...
  5. Previous versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  6. Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home: Good evening, Please send me the link with all versions of Windows 15011, 1611 to 1809. IM waiting for a message! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-versions-of-windows-10-home/0f02ccb8-2b47-4351-b4e1-ae83aaece7c5
  7. Previous versions of Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous versions of Windows 10 pro: Hello Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Windows 10 Pro license and I want to download it all windows 10 pro older versions such as: 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803 Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A great day!...
  8. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...
  9. Previous versions of files in restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Previous versions of files in restore point: Searched, didn't see this one. One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu...
  10. Previous version history file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Previous version history file: Hello, I am new to the forum and currently encountering a problem restoring files from the shadow volume. I do not see any version history when I click the previous version history tab. Using a third party tool like shadowexplorer I am able to see the previous versions....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 previous versions not shown in open file