Windows 10: File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents

Discus and support File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Forgive me as I am not an IT wiz. I am having an issue that has popped up when I am trying to save a document. When I click Save As, this is the view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmattnc80, Oct 31, 2019.

1. jmattnc80 Win User

File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents

Forgive me as I am not an IT wiz. I am having an issue that has popped up when I am trying to save a document. When I click Save As, this is the view that I am getting. Previously, I could see files, folder and icons, now I can only select the folder etc I want by going through the upper field in the attached pic that has >This PC> Documents>

It makes it quite difficult to quickly save things. Can anyone offer insight on how to fix this. Forgive me for the upside down picture. I have edited 4 different times to get the orientation correct.

Running WINDOWS 10

File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents [​IMG]

:)

jmattnc80, Oct 31, 2019
  2. kml2 Win User

email attachment

I am reading on the MS How-to site:

How do I download an attachment from an email?

In the email, press the attached file . You should see an indicator that the file is downloading.

When the file has finished downloading, press it to open it and then do one of the following:

• If it's a picture, press and hold the picture and then press Save to phone. The picture will be saved to the Saved Pictures album.

• If it's a document, press More , press Save as, enter a name for the document and then press
        Save. The document will be saved to the Office hub.

Now, my question is that I don't see the MORE button show up when I have my document opened. It views the document in full screen and there is nothing to press. Is there something wrong with my phone? (Samsung focus)

3. Trouble saving & attaching from websites

Hello,

As you are facing issues with attaching documents and photos to Emails and save pictures on your device we will help you with this issue.

Lets us the try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue.

• Try to attach different documents types and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to attach the documents on Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to use Microsoft account, log-in to Outlook.com account, attach the documents and check if the issue persists.

To save the pictures, I suggest you to download the different file types like .txt, .pdf etc. and check if the same issue persists with saving them.

Try the above and update the status of this issue to identify what is causing the issue and assist you further accordingly.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 31, 2019
  4. File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents

1. File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents - Similar Threads - File View Showing

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  5. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  6. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Saving attachment groups files by dates

in Browsers and Email
    Saving attachment groups files by dates: I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups. e.g. [img] I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that...
  8. unable to save files to Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  9. Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.: I need your assistance in solving a problem I am having using my Laptop. I have started having some strange occurrences happening on my computer and am looking to get some help. Without any notice, I am no longer able to attach files to WhatsApp, nor able to save images or...
  10. Cannot save attachment in Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save attachment in Documents: I'm helping Frank with a perplexing problem; he cannot save attachments in his own "Documents" folder. Background: When he migrated from Windows7 to Windows10 he got converted to logging on with his Microsoft Account. We neither fully understand this. Frank has only one...