Windows 10: File vs Folder names similar, but different

Discus and support File vs Folder names similar, but different in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 5mummy, Oct 21, 2021.

1. 5mummy Win User

File vs Folder names similar, but different

I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let me do so, but it is what I want. How do I move the files into that specific folder? I've tried modifying the file name, but it's not allowing me to do so. Because of the specificity of the wording, it is how I will be able to find it again.

:)

5mummy, Oct 21, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

Hi, simply use file explorer search.

E.g. type
    *yellow
    in file explorer's search box and all files containing yellow will be listed. Select all but one. Delete those, and you have 1 remaining.

Example:

File vs Folder names similar, but different [​IMG]

File vs Folder names similar, but different [​IMG]

Or just pick one of the selected list and copy it to a new folder.
    Repeat selection process.
    Finally delete source folder.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2021
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Oct 21, 2021
  4. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

1. File vs Folder names similar, but different - Similar Threads - File Folder names

2. Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder: I was trying to download an updated version of PowerShell, but extracted the files in a folder I didn't want them in Program Files. I have the original ZIP folder, and now have it extracted to a separate folder this time. Is there a method easier than manually to select only...
  3. Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder: I was trying to download an updated version of PowerShell, but extracted the files in a folder I didn't want them in Program Files. I have the original ZIP folder, and now have it extracted to a separate folder this time. Is there a method easier than manually to select only...
  4. File vs Folder names similar, but different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File vs Folder names similar, but different: I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let me do so, but it is what I want. How do I move the files into that specific folder? I've tried modifying the file name, but...
  5. Different Display Name vs Profile Name - Possible?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different Display Name vs Profile Name - Possible?: So, obviously with AD you can set someone's logon name to be first.last, but have their displayed name be Last, First. How to go about doing this on a stand-alone Win 10 Pro not on a domain or workgroup. Am I missing something? Thanks. 180750
  6. How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?: Hi, I have a folder with 1000+ files containing images. They have similar names like: imgred_4752 imgred_4785 imgred_4473 imgyellow_571 imgyellow_582 imgyellow_565 I would need one file per type, so, for example, it should be: imgred_4752 imgyellow_582 Can I do it with a...
  7. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  8. File Explorer similar file names no longer appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer similar file names no longer appear: Ever since the most recent update, similar file names no longer appear when im naming a new file. For example, if I am naming an image file "new", it doesn't show me file names with "new" in the title: [ATTACH] I tried this on another windows 10 computer with the most...
  9. Windows 10 IoT Core vs Enterprise – Similarity and Differences

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core vs Enterprise – Similarity and Differences: [ATTACH] When Windows 10 was formally introduced along with plenty of other things, Microsoft did not talk of Windows 10 for IoT, but it did drop hints at an operating system for tiny, smart devices. It was code-named Athens and now, [...] This post Windows 10 IoT Core vs...
  10. Onedrive vs Skydrive with different folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive vs Skydrive with different folders: I can't figure out why my SkyDrive, as it used to be called, and my OneDrive have different names! When I started on my Desktop the Cloud drive was called SkyDrive. It's still labeled that way on my Desktop while on my Laptop it labeled OneDrive. I could live with that but...