Windows 10: File was not backed up due to being open by an application

Discus and support File was not backed up due to being open by an application in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; File was not backed up due to being open by an application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jjsan1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. jjsan1 Win User

File was not backed up due to being open by an application

:)

jjsan1, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 18, 2019
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. File was not backed up due to being open by an application :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. File was not backed up due to being open by an application - Similar Threads - File was backed

2. How to open a bunch of files that got backed up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a bunch of files that got backed up?: I didn't run a backup program but have a bunch of current files that have a file box on them and they won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-bunch-of-files-that-got-backed-up/573ee664-745c-4ef5-b970-5d7d89016033
  3. applications being black when opened or popped up if it was already open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    applications being black when opened or popped up if it was already open: Hello everyone, I hope someone would be able to help me with this problem, thanks.Whenever I open an app or pop up an app I already have open its black whether it was a browser, spotify, or discord, and when I alt+f4 the app its still in my taskbar. Keep in mind this happens...
  4. applications being black when opened or popped up if it was already open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications being black when opened or popped up if it was already open: Hello everyone, I hope someone would be able to help me with this problem, thanks.Whenever I open an app or pop up an app I already have open its black whether it was a browser, spotify, or discord, and when I alt+f4 the app its still in my taskbar. Keep in mind this happens...
  5. applications being black when opened or popped up if it was already open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. dowloaded application file and cannot istall due to not being from microsoft app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dowloaded application file and cannot istall due to not being from microsoft app store: dowloaded application file and cannot install due to not being from microsoft app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dowloaded-application-file-and-cannot-istall-due/48ec96f4-79b7-4b2b-81a8-0011b998cc4b
  7. dowloaded application file and cannot istall due to not being from microsoft app store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dowloaded application file and cannot istall due to not being from microsoft app store: dowloaded application file and cannot install due to not being from microsoft app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dowloaded-application-file-and-cannot-istall-due/48ec96f4-79b7-4b2b-81a8-0011b998cc4b
  8. I turned File History on, but no files are being backed up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I turned File History on, but no files are being backed up: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I'm brand new to Windows 10. Two days ago, I turned on File History. I set "Back up my files" to "Every 30 minutes" and "Keep my backups" to "Forever." I designated a shared folder on a NAS for the backups. After I turned...
  9. File History - backed up file won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History - backed up file won't open: I have been using File History in Windows 10 for some time to back up my family history .uds files. Having had a problem and turned to these back ups I find they will not open. I have tried renaming them and moving them back to the original folder but still can't get any of...
  10. Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?: When I back up my drives macrium 7 creates 2 files an xml file and a disk partition image file what is the purpose and relationship between these two files? Can the partition image file be opened to explore the backed up data? If so, how? 107403