Windows 10: File without extension

Discus and support File without extension in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is. ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gelashvili, Apr 10, 2016.

1. File without extension

Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is.
    ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I downloaded a song.

:)

Gelashvili, Apr 10, 2016

2. unintentionally set Notepad to save files as .dat files. I want to change this so files are saved without .dat extension.How do I do that?

Original title: Notepad with .dat file extension

I unintentionally set Notepad to save files as .dat files. I want to change this so files are saved without .dat extension, in fact with no extension at all.. How do I do that?

Thank you.

LynnFremd678, Apr 10, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 510 useless phone to download applications through IE mobile.

It doesn't support any file without file extension .pdf, .doc

abdulfrosekhan, Apr 10, 2016
  4. File without extension

It says there 'onlinevideoconverter.com'. You may want to run a virus scan on it with Malwarebytes or Virus Total, as the origin doesn't look safe. I would bet it is a .exe riddled with malware. To check open a new File Explorer window and click 'View'. The setting you are looking for is called 'Show File Extensions'- tick this checkbox.

SamTheGr8est, Apr 10, 2016
Thema:

File without extension

1. File without extension - Similar Threads - File without extension

2. .om file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .om file extension: Is there a way to open .om file extension without having that Omicron program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/om-file-extension/a6bf7dc1-126f-4478-b3f5-b747a4398620"
  3. .bg file extension

.bg file extension: Does anyone know how to open or convert images that are in the .bg format, in Windows 10? This all happened automatically after an update last year. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bg-file-extension/e639c668-10db-4022-be42-93b6acf7132e"
  4. File Extension and file type

File Extension and file type: Recently I came to know the in some directories, all my file type and extension are changed to CAAVME File (.caavme). When I open, its not opening. There is a file in every directory with the name "CAAVME-DECRYPT" and it contents: ---= GANDCRAB V5.0.4 =---...
  5. Problem with file extensions

Problem with file extensions: Hi , A virus changed all of my file extensions in my windows ( internal hard , external hard , flash drives ) and add the extension( .etqfc ) to all files in my computer how can I delete these extensions with one command in command prompt or powershell ?...
  6. File extensions in thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    File extensions in thumbnails: How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions-in-thumbnails/60c16d23-78a2-4f20-8d0b-919f35e4679e
  7. file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  8. afp file extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    afp file extension?: During cleaning up old personal documents I found documents with an afp file extension. These documents are 12 years old, made in the XP period. In view of the file names they should be normal text documents, made in Word or pdf. Maybe also in Outlook or Pagemaker. With my...
  9. Unused File Extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Unused File Extension: Once in a while I run CCleaner. When running Registry cleaner I encounter several "Unused File Extensions" entries. What app create these entries and why? thanks for any answer. 98230
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899