Windows 10: File without extension

Discus and support File without extension in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is. ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gelashvili, Apr 10, 2016.

1. File without extension

Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is.
    ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I downloaded a song.

:)

Gelashvili, Apr 10, 2016

2. unintentionally set Notepad to save files as .dat files. I want to change this so files are saved without .dat extension.How do I do that?

Original title: Notepad with .dat file extension

I unintentionally set Notepad to save files as .dat files. I want to change this so files are saved without .dat extension, in fact with no extension at all.. How do I do that?

Thank you.

LynnFremd678, Apr 10, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 510 useless phone to download applications through IE mobile.

It doesn't support any file without file extension .pdf, .doc

abdulfrosekhan, Apr 10, 2016
  4. File without extension

It says there 'onlinevideoconverter.com'. You may want to run a virus scan on it with Malwarebytes or Virus Total, as the origin doesn't look safe. I would bet it is a .exe riddled with malware. To check open a new File Explorer window and click 'View'. The setting you are looking for is called 'Show File Extensions'- tick this checkbox.

SamTheGr8est, Apr 10, 2016
Thema:

File without extension

1. File without extension - Similar Threads - File without extension

2. Files downloading without an extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files downloading without an extension: Hello I see in the forums that this query has been answered but the solution was not revealed. When I download files from the internet such as .png and .Jpeg they show up as "file" and I can't find the default app "Photos" to open them. My default app for png and jpeg is...
  3. Files downloading without an extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files downloading without an extension: Hello I see in the forums that this query has been answered but the solution was not revealed. When I download files from the internet such as .png and .Jpeg they show up as "file" and I can't find the default app "Photos" to open them. My default app for png and jpeg is...
  4. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension: When I use to rename a file, I would do a slow double click and it would highlight the name of the file but not the extension.Like this:filename123.jpgI don't know why this was changed or when, but when now when I go to rename a file and do the slow double click it...
  5. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension: When I use to rename a file, I would do a slow double click and it would highlight the name of the file but not the extension.Like this:filename123.jpgI don't know why this was changed or when, but when now when I go to rename a file and do the slow double click it...
  6. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

7. Random 10GB file without extension

Random 10GB file without extension: I was looking in one of my own created folders, and I saw this file named s2jo. No extension at the end. When I tried opening it, it gives me a variety of options Notepad, Visual Studio, etc. but they all can't open it and give errors like "File can't be found." I tried...
  8. File extensions

File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  9. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899