Windows 10: FileHistory - external HardDrives

Discus and support FileHistory - external HardDrives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I try to use FileHistory to backup my files - photos. File History is set to external 3T HD As Back up folders I selected entire internal separate HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdamSzcz, Nov 23, 2018.

1. AdamSzcz Win User

FileHistory - external HardDrives

I try to use FileHistory to backup my files - photos.

File History is set to external 3T HD

As Back up folders I selected entire internal separate HD (Pictures(HFileHistory - external HardDrives :) H:\)

Also all my personal files such as Documents etc are added to back up folders (default setting)

I run it with no problem however:

When I try "restore files from a current backup" I do not see my H drive. I can see all personal folders but nowhere is my H drive.

When I try "to restore to original location" - with no selection of any folder - and got "Interrupted Action - There is not enough space ……."

Can you help me to solve this problem.

My H drive is 1T

Thx in advance

:)

AdamSzcz, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Rikke T. Win User

Is there any way to solve error 0x800700E for connecting to an external hard drive in FileHistory

I have been using FileHistory in Windows 10 for several years. Recently (probably after my antivirus program was updated), my computer said that it could not connect to my external harddrive, which I use for backing up.

At first, I solved the problem by deactivating the drive, and then choosing a new drive (which actually was the same drive). However, that procedure creates a new backup copy, which takes up a lot of space on my external harddrive. Thus, I can't do
    that every time, and it shouldn't be necessary when using FileHistory. I do not have my external harddrive connected to the computer always. I only connect it, when I want to do a backup. The computer is set to backup automatically every 24 hours, but I always
    run the backup manually ("Back up now"). When I tried updating my backup some time later, I again could not connect to the external hard drive. I however, got the possibility to choose the drive in a separate window (some kind of advanced settings, I believe,
    but it is a little unclear to me now). I could see several versions of the backup in that window (I have before started over because of problems). I tried first with the topmost, which did not make any difference. Then, I tried the second from the top. After
    that, I see error 0x800700E instead of being given the possibility to choose a drive for backing up.

I can both read from and write to the external harddrive in Windows Explorer and saving a Word document to the drive. Thus the connection as such is working.

I tried googling the error code, and I have run both DISM and sfc scannow. Neither found any errors. I also tried using a restore point, which failed. I can't remember what error code I got, but I am quite certain it said something with error on system
    files.

​​

Any suggestions what I can do to be able to use FileHistory again?​

Rikke T., Nov 23, 2018
  3. rhodesmk Win User
    FileHistory on external hard drive, use FileHistory to copy to new laptop Win10?

My Windows 10 laptop crashed. Luckily, I kept FileHistory current to an external hard drive.

I bought a new Windows 10 laptop. Can I use FileHistory on the new machine to restore my files from the external hard drive?

Thanks!

rhodesmk, Nov 23, 2018
  4. matjapp Win User

Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. FileHistory - external HardDrives - Similar Threads - FileHistory external HardDrives

2. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External harddrive mostly not showing: One of my external hard drive shows in the hidden icons dropdown without a drive letter -> Backup Plus Desk, It shows in Device Manager – Disk Drives, It DOES NOT show in Disk Management and It DOES NOT show in windows explorer. How can I get it to show in Windows Explorer...
  3. External Harddrive is locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Harddrive is locked: Hi Team, I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible. I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried looking for the recovery key but couldn't get it as I am using a new laptop now, since the old one laptop has been...
  4. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  5. No write permission on external harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No write permission on external harddrive: I just got a new external hard drive and built a new pc both for video and photo editing. today I went to export a photo out of photoshop and overwrite an old version of it when I was promted that I didn't have write permission for that folder. I read online I may need to...
  6. My Toshiba Harddrive won't backup using filehistory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Toshiba Harddrive won't backup using filehistory?: Hello I've tried using my Toshiba portable hard drive to backup my computer using FileHistory, the last time it could do it was on the 9.10.19, when I try to backup it up recently, it comes up with this picture. I try to back it up again ,but it comes up with the same...
  7. External Harddrive Issues

External Harddrive Issues: I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago (an ASUS also) and on my macbook without issue. When i plug my external hard drive into my laptop it makes the sounds that I’ve...
  8. Mac external harddrives access.

Mac external harddrives access.: I am moving my video editing work from mac to windows. I have multiple external hard drives where all projects are stored and would like to be able to access them through my new window set up without having to reformat. is there away to do this. I am running window 10 pro....
  9. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  10. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...