Windows 10: FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely

Discus and support FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been using FileHistory for many years. The drive I was using finally died. Using the "Stop Using This Drive" option - I replaced the destination... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eric Levinson, Jan 16, 2019.

1. FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely

I've been using FileHistory for many years. The drive I was using finally died.

Using the "Stop Using This Drive" option - I replaced the destination with a new disk (exactly the same type and interface)

I started up the backup. It says "File History is saving copies of your files for the first time"

I have about 1.5 TB of data to back up, so it took about a day to complete over a Gig Ethernet connection.

I see about 1.4 TB of data was backed up.

When it finished - it said "Your data has not been backed up" Size of Backup 1.4 TB.

If I click Run Now or Back up Now - it runs for a few seconds and then returns to this status.

I've checked the Event Log under "File History Core" and "File History Engine" and there are no errors in either log.

There are some warnings "File was not backed up due to an error:"

Is there a file based file-by-file log of what this application is doing and where it is getting stuck? Kind of like the SyncToy or Robocopy log?

Am I looking in the wrong place with Event Viewer?

I've followed all the mentioned troubleshooting including file system checker, and deleting the folders in the appdata area and restarting the entire backup.

:)

Eric Levinson, Jan 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Ahhzz Win User

FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely

1. FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incompletely - Similar Threads - FileHistory Build 17763

2. windows 10 FileHistory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 FileHistory: Hello . I need some help with FileHistory backup. The system as stopped working. I've tryed a number of sugestions from previous posts but still backup won't work. I need to use the same external USB drive, there is a backup on this drive. I've tryed changing the...
  3. Activation on Windows 10 17763

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on Windows 10 17763: Split from this thread. Hi I've been part of the Windows Insider Programme from its inception. I'm running Windows 10 Pro - a free upgrade/migration from Windows 7 and then via Windows 8. For the last few years I have seldom done much development, except migrating from...
  4. windows 10 not updating past 1809 build 17763-437

windows 10 not updating past 1809 build 17763-437: computer is a desktop on an Ethernet connection - W10 Pro 1. Windows update window shows "*some settings are managed by your administrator." It is not a business computer and I have at least tried to change it to a home computer, but I am not sure that actually got set. It...
  5. Updates fails (Build 17763)

Updates fails (Build 17763): I've not been receiving updates for a few months now. It keeps failing. I have a 1TB M2 drive Samsung magician reports it as good. Could it be related to my key? 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4495667) -Error 0x80070002...
  6. Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 update build 17763

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 update build 17763: Two days ago Windows 10 did a forced update and is currently showing build 17763 in sysinfo. Since then I cannot connect to Bluetooth devices, nor remove a device to try to fix that problem. Windows won't remove the device through the Control Panel, nor if I stop and start...
  7. "Error on printing pdf document" - windows 10 Build 17763

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Error on printing pdf document" - windows 10 Build 17763: Those new laptop's which has windows version 10.0.17763 has problem with printing pdf document those has file size above 1MB. Printing word and excel documents are working fine. After analysis we came to know that spooling of pdf document takes longer time when compared to...
  8. Windows 10 v. 10.0.17763 build 17763 and Netflix app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v. 10.0.17763 build 17763 and Netflix app: Hi all, This is mostly a bug report about two identical issues on different computers. When trying to play a particular show, the Netflix app crashes, followed by taskbar search results becoming non-clickable. I am not sure if these events are related, but this is what...
  9. Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17763 Build 17763) will not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17763 Build 17763) will not go to sleep: I've been scouring tech forums, windows forums, youtube, for days and days. There are plenty of "windows wont sleep" threads. I've tried dozens of the "fixes". Either I have a different issue, or I'm doing them wrong. I want my Windows 10 Pro install (fresh/recent...
  10. People app crashing in build 17763

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app crashing in build 17763: Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else? Guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes it. 122988