Windows 10: FileHistory should be smart enough to "de-duplicate" OneDrive data

Discus and support FileHistory should be smart enough to "de-duplicate" OneDrive data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,It's been a while I've been facing the following problem.I have several computers at home, most used by multiple users, with KFM Known Folder Move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sba923, Sep 15, 2021.

1. sba923 Win User

FileHistory should be smart enough to "de-duplicate" OneDrive data

Hi,It's been a while I've been facing the following problem.I have several computers at home, most used by multiple users, with KFM Known Folder Move enabled, so those users' data is 1 stored in their OneDrive storage area 2 partially mirrored on those computers' local storage -- this is "partial" due to the use of the "Files On Demand" feature to control how much space is actually used on the local drive.I don't consider OneDrive as "a backup", because lots of things can happen that would cause data to become lost or corrupted this includes "inadvertently modified" -- the OneDrive Recyc

:)

sba923, Sep 15, 2021

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Duplicated Onedrive icon in explorer

According to Microsoft Forum Moderator Ruizell Rey:

Steven M. Vascellaro, Sep 15, 2021
  4. D Choi Win User

Apps Data Recovery from FileHistory and OneDrive

About a month ago, my laptop Windows 10 crashed. I restored Windows 10 with my recovery drive.
    When I re-installed a Diarium app on the newly installed Windows 10, all my eight months of journal in the Diarium app disappeared.
    Before the crash I had synced my laptop with OneDrive and backed up my files in an external drive utilizing FileHistory.
    The developer of the Diarium app emailed me that I should be able to find the following Diarium database from the backups:
    %localappdata% \Packages\49297T.Partl.DailyDiary_jr9bq2af9farr\LocalState\diary.db
    Please advise me how to find and retrieve the Diarium database from FileHistory and OneDrive.

D Choi, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. FileHistory should be smart enough to "de-duplicate" OneDrive data - Similar Threads - FileHistory should smart

2. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Anyone smart enough to figure this out??: Can't access my win10 PC. Says I need to setup pin. I click that and it says I can't set it up because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I tried both wifi and ethernet. Network says I'm connected however I still get this error. I tried safe...
  3. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone smart enough to figure this out??: Can't access my win10 PC. Says I need to setup pin. I click that and it says I can't set it up because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I tried both wifi and ethernet. Network says I'm connected however I still get this error. I tried safe...
  4. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. De-duplicate app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    De-duplicate app: Need de duplicate a list of words with a press of a button Can windows 10 do this? How? Here's example of 1/100th of the list Life of Walter Mitty Before Sunrise Wild Way In Bruges Motorcycle Diaries Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of Desert Midnight in Paris...
  6. duplicate data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate data: how to duplicate my desktop contents onto my new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-data/655f9fe3-d28f-4e58-8e1c-6021a00399f5
  7. Apps Data Recovery from FileHistory and OneDrive

Apps Data Recovery from FileHistory and OneDrive: About a month ago, my laptop Windows 10 crashed. I restored Windows 10 with my recovery drive. When I re-installed a Diarium app on the newly installed Windows 10, all my eight months of journal in the Diarium app disappeared. Before the crash I had synced my laptop with...
  8. Duplicate photos in OneDrive

Duplicate photos in OneDrive: I have numerous photo Copies in OneDrive photos. I located these by searching for "Copy" and they are located. If I highlight and press Delete, they do not delete. Neither do they delete if I right click them and delete. How do I get rid of these duplicates and why do I...
  9. Unsafe shutdown SMART data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsafe shutdown SMART data: Dear all, I have noticed that with fast startup enabled the SMART data on my NVME SSD for unsafe shutdowns increases everytime I shutdown. It does not increase on a restart or with fast startup disabled. I am running the latest BIOS for my ASUS motherboard, the latest...
  10. Onedrive duplicate files

Onedrive duplicate files: Hello: Why do one drive duplicate or triple files. And my storage always full. Is their a setting to stop one drive from duplicating files.? Patricia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-duplicate-files/d970026d-2ba2-4fc2-a2d0-bbcb753add7b"