Windows 10: Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10

Discus and support Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know how to change font thickness(now i can see every pixel),and Filenames and Folder names are written in black color. i want default settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sadesade1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. sadesade1 Win User

Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10

I don't know how to change font thickness(now i can see every pixel),and Filenames and Folder names are written in black color.
    i want default settings for font.
    Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10 497a994f-3091-408d-8c60-edcc7e60ade2?upload=true.png

Sorry for bad english.

:)

sadesade1, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 15, 2018
  3. JeffCL Win User
    Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10

1. Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Filename Folder Name

2. Name problem in the Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name problem in the Users folder: HelloI have Windows 11 and I have synced Windows with my Outlook account, the problem is that my name is not displayed correctly in the Users folder.I wanted to know how to change the name in the Users folder I found ways and methods, but none of them are official and have...
  3. Name problem in the Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name problem in the Users folder: HelloI have Windows 11 and I have synced Windows with my Outlook account, the problem is that my name is not displayed correctly in the Users folder.I wanted to know how to change the name in the Users folder I found ways and methods, but none of them are official and have...
  4. Problem installing specific software - claims Error 123 : the filename, directory name or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem installing specific software - claims Error 123 : the filename, directory name or...: First of all I want to say that I have a lot of programs installed on my computer, some of the were difficult installations, so formatting my computer is not a n option. I recently bought a new synth which needs it's software. I downloaded the installer from the website, ran...
  5. Folder name problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder name problem: I want to set a new folder in another folder but the folder name is restricted to 34 characters only. I set a this folder in my OneDrive: LCS1088301 case reports & questionnaires and another subfolder in that folder: LCS1088301 case reports & questi I was not allowed to...
  6. Problem with folder name in 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with folder name in 'This PC': I'm running, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Just briefly I'm on a new laptop and have been making changes including adding a second SSD (SATA 2.5") as well as installing a larger M.2 SSD and my system drive. All is working well except for one issue that is driving me nuts....
  7. The filename on the desktop vs in a folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The filename on the desktop vs in a folder...: [ATTACH] Is there any simple fix for this? I'm using default font and size... Either way, it would be great if I could be allowed the same amount of space for an icon in my folder as it is on my desktop for an icon and filename of the same size....
  8. Folder name and Location problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder name and Location problem: Hi ! I tried transferring the Location of my Downloads and Desktop folder to Drive "D" by changing its property location. But, after doing it, it seems that the Desktop folder renames itself to "downloads" and all the files that pertains from the download will also be viewed...
  9. Windows 10 folder names problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 folder names problem: Hi, how come the Windows folders are in English and not in Italian? I would like to understand how I can solve the problem, thanks! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-folder-names-problem/2344383e-2da4-4878-971e-f4dc73fdce82
  10. Windows 10 filename case problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 filename case problem: Hello everyone, i'm using Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 and i got case problem for example file or folder named "TENFORUMS" then when i change it to "Tenforums" or "tenforum" it doesn't apply and stays "TENFORUMS" how to fix this issue ? , Thanks. 110649

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unix filenames