Windows 10: Filename Error

Discus and support Filename Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have tried to save document files and it gives me an error saying, "File not found. Check the filename and try again." I install programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MudPear, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MudPear Win User

Filename Error

Hi there, I have tried to save document files and it gives me an error saying, "File not found. Check the filename and try again."

I install programs and I receive an error saying that the shortcut cannot be made as the filename does not exist.

This started a few days ago.

A couple of days ago, I had changed my account name to "B". But it seems my user name is something else, as it remained as "A".

So I changed my account name back to "A", but the above filename issue remains.

My computer has only 1 user, which is also the administrator.

So basically, how do I resolve this filename issue, as well as changing my pc account and user name without causing issues.

:)

MudPear, Jan 16, 2019
  2. LAPIII Win User

How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

These are the steps I take in:

1. open the folder that I want to print the filenames of
    2. In the location bar, typed "cmd"
    3. At the command prompt, I typed "dir > vjoy.txt
    The command prompt read Access is denied.

LAPIII, Jan 16, 2019
  3. JeffCL Win User
    Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Jan 16, 2019
  4. KieX Win User

Filename Error

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

Filename Error

1. Filename Error - Similar Threads - Filename Error

2. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  3. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  4. Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long: This error keeps persisting. Please help.Dear Customer Support,I am writing to raise a significant concern regarding a persistent issue I have been experiencing with my laptop. I have been using my laptop for approximately one year, and from the very beginning, I have...
  5. Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long

Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long: This error keeps persisting. Please help.Dear Customer Support,I am writing to raise a significant concern regarding a persistent issue I have been experiencing with my laptop. I have been using my laptop for approximately one year, and from the very beginning, I have...
  6. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: So I was backing up pictures from a phone to a USB, directly moving them not copying using android's file manager. I connected the usb directly to the phone so this didn't happen through a PC. Safe to say I regretted that.Now the USB is unreadable by every phone I tried to...
  7. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: So I was backing up pictures from a phone to a USB, directly moving them not copying using android's file manager. I connected the usb directly to the phone so this didn't happen through a PC. Safe to say I regretted that.Now the USB is unreadable by every phone I tried to...
  8. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

9. Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?: I am encountering an issue in Gmsh where, upon clicking 'Edit script,' I receive an error message stating 'Notepad: The filename is invalid.' Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what might be causing it? Additionally, are there any recommended solutions or...
  10. Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?

Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?: I am encountering an issue in Gmsh where, upon clicking 'Edit script,' I receive an error message stating 'Notepad: The filename is invalid.' Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what might be causing it? Additionally, are there any recommended solutions or...